The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gsx

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gifis a galant gsx turbochargeable? is it possible to turbo it? i kind of like the idea better than the vr4. theyre too expensive. and i had one already but i want a gsx now.

Hondakiller

You can turbo anything. But as of putting a turbo on the stock motor of a gsx. I wouldn't! I'm sure it has a lot of miles on it. Are you planning on rebuilding the motor?

SouthCaliVR4

How would a G-gsx be less costly than a vr4?!? I would think the conversion to turbo with ecu, wiring,oil pan & all the turbo bits would cost more than fixing up a vr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Vr4junkie

Yea ^^^ what he said it might seem like the cheap way but in the end it might cost more than what you can get a VR4 for just got to be patient and find the right deal to come along

donkeylips

Quoting galantless1:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gifis a galant gsx turbochargeable? is it possible to turbo it? i kind of like the idea better than the vr4. theyre too expensive. and i had one already but i want a gsx now.

No way, can't be done.

Not. My GGSX currently has a GVR4 engine and wiring harness.
And it can be very cheap. I recently bought a running '91 TSI AWD parts car for $500. In theory you could do the conversion with those parts alone. You just need a different fuel pump.
But a GVR4 engine bay wiring harness makes it easy. And if you're going mostly stock, you can get the air intake setup from a GVR4 as well. Everything else can come from a DSM. That's the cheapest way to get parts.
For what I see running GVR4s listed for, going with either a shell or something that will take some work will always save you money if you do it right.

Keep in mind that it will be labor intensive, as you will want to swap engine, trans, t-case, and rear diff, along with the engine bay wiring harness, and fuel pump. But it's just a bolt-on affair. No fabrication of any kind.

If you're asking about adding a turbo to your non-turbo 6-bolt... I don't really recommend it unless you're willing to swap pistons. Purely due to the cheapness and abundance of an actual turbo 6-bolt. But if you really wanted, you could just put a turbo on there and run a little boost.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts