The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got the 4 bolt in and all cleaned up!

VR4coop

Over the last 2 months I took out the old rear end and put in a 4 bolt. I eliminated the 4ws and replaced the ball joints and sway bar endlinks. Call it a budget rebuild I guess. I also filled the subframe mounts with some window sealant that I got from Home Depot. I will update how the car rides when I get it back on the road (few weeks from now). I put a lot of time into this with all the painting and what not. I used POR-15 on most everything except the rear end pumpkin and cover. POR-15 traps heat so thats why I didn't use it on those pieces. The removal of the rear end was also the messiest thing I have ever done!

Thanks
Clint Cooper

Last edited:

dewman

Looks good and too clean
What,are you trying to copy 10 shhh fiddy juan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

JNR

Nice! This is the way things should be done when they're apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DailyDSM

What are the advantages/disadvantages of mounting the sway bar to the subframe while its off the car vs. on the car? For some reason, I was under the impression that the sway bar was supposed to be mounted while the subframe is on the car.

-Tim

If you already have the subframe off the car, it's a 5 min. job to swap the swaybars; otherwise if you're like me it may take an hour or two. It's basically just much easier, but it's not worth dropping the subframe just to do it that way. A lot of people like to do it all at once is all.

CP

Scott's analness is rubbing off on other members. Maybe it's because they live so close to each other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VR4coop

Quoting CP:
Scott's analness is rubbing off on other members. Maybe it's because they live so close to each other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or we both know how to build cars correctly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks
Clint Cooper

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned