The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got another one

Terrance362

Update on the budget car. Got new rings, Arp rod bolts, ACL main and Rod Bearings. More than likely I will put it together minus the head.

Terrance362

Some what small update. Got the motor together. The motor is stock rods with ACL bearing with new rings, Arp rod bolts, Arp studs and MLS head gasket. Got a twin disc for it and a billet wheel 20g. Hope to get this thing driving in a couple weeks or so. Only things left to get is injectors, Fuel pressure regulator fuel pump and link. This is much cheaper than the drag car. Looks like I may actually finish something for once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Terrance362

Cleaned out the trunk today and found out someone did a fuel pump rewire. I hope its something in there that I can use and not junk. Also found a MAP sensor on it. Just got to clean some of this stuff up before I can think about driving this car

Lesac

Good luck, its always nice to see more of them get saved. With how old and how abused most of these cars are, its always a crapshoot on what mods are done and if they were done correctly and with what is and isn't usable.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting Terrance362:
Cleaned out the trunk today and found out someone did a fuel pump rewire. I hope its something in there that I can use and not junk. Also found a MAP sensor on it. Just got to clean some of this stuff up before I can think about driving this car

Please cut out those open style butt connectors and replace them with properly sized shrink style connectors. Last thing you want is to have fuel delivery issues while driving or starting.
Just saying, its's only a couple of connectors. Super nice you have that accessible in your trunk, versus the outside of the car.

Be nice to be out driving a Mitsu, versus building one forever eh?

Terrance362

I'm going to address the wiring. I am over building a car forever. I want to enjoy this. I don't have a lot of money in this car. It's just nice to work on something that is no so expensive:)

Terrance362

Fuel system is almost done. I ended up going with a walbro 525 and 2200cc injectors. The only thing left really to get is Link and that's it.

Terrance362

Update: Somehow I put a FWD starter plate on this car. I gotta pull the trans and change the plate and put the starter on. After that I have just little stuff. Really only ECMLink and intercooler. I should be ready to ride after that.

Got my sensor to log fuel pressure and oil pressure too

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts