The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Good size FMIC on RS bar

AuSpecVr4

Hey guys

What are some overall dimensions i should be looking for a inter cooler setup for my RS? still want to keep the condenser and fan on the front so there's not allot of room. Anyone got some build pics of there setup i can have a browse over?

Cheers, Brock

fuel

it's called a Bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

turbowop

You can go as big as you want without modification to the bumper, really. I run a Spearco 2-216 on my car which is 28 x 10.5 x 3.5. That is as big as you can go due to fitment between the unibody "frame" rails and height without the core sticking out the bottom of the bumper cover. I run the factory pusher fan in front of the condenser as well.

944a7fb853d78fd.jpg

944a7fb8541613d.jpg

944bd24eed04678.jpg

AuSpecVr4

Thanks thats helpful, interesting where you routed the piping, i was going to use the battery tray but i guess i could cut where you have. Cheers anyone else want to show some of their work? yes ok, "Bumper"

fuel

that's one thing I couldn't figure out with you Australians when I got here.. why call a bumper (as it's known internationally) simply just a 'bar'? is it short for 'bumper bar'? It just makes me think of those ugly roo-bars you see on many of the cars here.

raptorWagon

I could understand it for the older cars where the bumper really is more like a bar, but not these where the "bar" is behind the bumper cover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Diego

Quoting Galantvr4559:
Turbowop,

My intercooler setup is almost identical to urs. Same routing.

You cut the sh*t out of that damn thing..... I know.. I watched as I meshed your grill and IC opening...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned