The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Good shops in WA Seattle area

New to the area and also searching to buy a VR4. But before I seriously look into getting one I need to check if there are shops that will know how to work on these cars.

citymunky

I hear good things about English Racing and I'm all the way over here on the east coast.

mitsuturbo

I don't know of any shops that are familiar with our cars well enough i'd trust them over doing the work myself. But then again, I've been doing the work for myself (and others) for quite a long while now.

I suppose Pina Motorsports would probably do a decent job... if you could ever get hold of them. I've tried on numerous occasions. Not an easy place to get someone to answer the phone, or even answer the door DURING POSTED BUSINESS HOURS, in my experience.

The only things i can't do myself are paint/body, and machine work. If you buy a GVR4, you will probably learn to do most of it yourself as well. Unless you've got deep pockets or are one of those guys that "just don't want to get dirty, ewwwww". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4thStroke

I know of a well modded GVR4 if you are seriously looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Up north, Pina will be your best bet if you can get a hold of them.

raptorWagon

There's also David at Boss Innovations in Lakewood.

Last edited by a moderator:

EfiniX

Quoting turbowop:
PINA would be the closest shop to you, and Andre is a good guy. English is a few hours South near Vancouver.

THIS

Andre is awesome, so start with him.

I've heard nothing but good things about English Racing and I'll be taking my car there for my mods in the next month or two. If you are in Seattle, ER is a bit far (Camas), but Pina is right down the road.

Last edited:

PlatypusOfFury

Good to know this stuffs:)
I got a plan for engine/trans change out. Do Boss or PINA do that with good turn around time?

English looks to do Tranny build-ups. May go with them for that.

moneypit

I will never go to Pina, again. Horrible experience, multiple excuses, straight out lies, long turn around time, got the run around, I personally had to correct the shoddy work I originally paid them to do. I'd rather take the bus before they touch my car again. Don't know much about Boss.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the information. As for my GVR-4 search, I'm a few months from it so I can save. The one I'm looking for will be used as a daily driver.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned