The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GalantVR4 Restoration

How far would you go to restore your VR4 if say you have a rot and rust on the floor underneath the car? Would replacing the offending sections be too crazy? thats if they are even still available from satan. I did find the part numbers in caps or is this just another pipe dream?

Last edited by a moderator:

boostedinaz

Depends on if you're that attached to the car. If you are then go for it, if not then find a different shell in better shape. Living in AZ I have the luck of not running into to many rusty cars, but the few I have seen it was like it never eneded. "It's just a little rusty at the bottom of the doors." Then I find more here, some over there, a little under this etc etc...

As for the parts, even if they are in caps that doesn't mean thet are available. If they aren't available then you'll need to source a good shell any way so, IMO, just find a good shell from the get go.

89Mirageman

Maybe in another 10 years or so they will be worth restoring. But for now, clean, rust free shells are just too cheap and easy to find. I personally wouldn't bother with it but that's just my opinion.

misterfixit

As mirage man says.. you guys stateside are bleesed with relativly plentiful pickings. Here we don't have so many. Hoping next summer mine 'll gounder the knife as ive collected the panels I require to repair it (the 4wd that is)

Rich

Okay seems like I need to have an expert look at it and see if its fixable. If not option two rust free chassis.
It doesn't look bad to me except for the left rear driver wheel well area but I think it may be fixable find out soon enough

89Mirageman

With enough work I'm sure it can be fixed but unless you do it yourself the parts and labor will easily cost more than a rust free shell.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned