The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GalantVR4.ORG 1/4 Mile Leader Board!

NZ VR4 RS

1/4 Time 11.751 Drivetrain AWD Date Ran 16/11/2008
1/4 MPH 119.50 Transmission Manual Altitude 0
1/8 Time 7.802 Turbo Garrett 35/40 Boost 22
1/8 MPH 0.00 Nitrous No Fuel avgas
60' 1.782 Trackname Ruapauna Weight 2695
UNKNOWN

SleepinGVR4

Quoting Garage_Defeat:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Thanks for your contribution to the board. That is great that we will now have an updated "dsmtimes" 1/4 mile list for Galant VR-4's.

I have a few videos on my youtube link. click

9.56 @ 149.5 mph GT4094r Divided T4 (2009)

9.49 @ 150 / 9.51 @ 153 FP HTA 3794 T3 Housing (2010)

-Dan

Dan, I didn't know you switched your car to auto? Did you buy Mark's car? How do you like the auto compared to your old setup?

mitsuturbo

This isn't being updated very often, or maybe at all. I know i'm not in a "high" spot on this thing, but.....

....and i'm not the only one.

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Adorsey

13.3 with a 35r. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

I think Turbofonz went 13.4 with a 14b and dsmlink.

uncleben4rice

yea I gotta get some more seat time. I had just put in the twin disk and had a 2.6 60ft..I also gotta go with some race gas and more boost. I need to be at 28psi at least. The car will run the number next season.

mitsuturbo

I ran high 12's on a small 16g, but i dont have timeslips to back it up, so i don't claim it.

Just because someone ran a good time on a big turbo doesnt mean it comes so easily for everyone. Just because someone ran good times on a small turbo, certainly doesn't mean everyone should try to do so!

uncleben4rice

Its been a challenge with this car to run good numbers, its the little things. Its not like my Chevys, those big V8s are point and shoot. You have to hustle this thing down the track, keep the boost up, hit the shift, not to hard or you will break it. The goal for this car was always 12.40s I think next year I will get it.

Adorsey

Quoting mitsuturbo:
I ran high 12's on a small 16g, but i dont have timeslips to back it up, so i don't claim it.

Just because someone ran a good time on a big turbo doesnt mean it comes so easily for everyone. Just because someone ran good times on a small turbo, certainly doesn't mean everyone should try to do so!

Very well put point. And I forget to remind myself of these things.

I guess you gonna get more seat time like you said, not evethings point and shoot.

turbowop

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Its been a challenge with this car to run good numbers, its the little things. Its not like my Chevys, those big V8s are point and shoot. You have to hustle this thing down the track, keep the boost up, hit the shift, not to hard or you will break it. The goal for this car was always 12.40s I think next year I will get it.

No matter how crappy your driving off the line, the car should have trapped much higher with that setup. Something in the tune is amiss. I was trapping higher on a small 16g using a crappy Starion intercooler...back in '02.

Last edited:

uncleben4rice

Master Wop...What it is homie....I gotta turn the boost up. We got 360 at the wheels pump at 20psi, I need more boost that's all. Next season I will get my mid 12s pump. Then E85 here I come. I could use you guys expertise with the corn juice..

Adorsey

You dont need e85 to get twelves with that turbo.

Adorsey

Thats What it is Homie? Learn to talk.

RedTwo

Sorry, it takes quite some time to completely redo the entire leader board from scratch.

Can we take the playa hating somewhere else please?

turbowop

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Master Wop...What it is homie....I gotta turn the boost up. We got 360 at the wheels pump at 20psi, I need more boost that's all. Next season I will get my mid 12s pump. Then E85 here I come. I could use you guys expertise with the corn juice..

At that boost pressure and horsepower, it still should have trapped higher. I'm not hating, I'm stating fact. I'm just saying that there is something going on here other than poor drag racing skill.

Olson

Quoting uncleben4rice:
I said 12s pump... then E85.. WTF you cant read Boy....

Come on DAWG sh*t son. ok lol ... J man when conrad told me what you trapped, I also thought something was wrong dude.... im with wopper here. go kill some flips (conrad) and drag that thing to run 13s come on homie its not that hard.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Ill drop a line sometime

uncleben4rice

Olson, Sean at FFTEC tuned it and it got 361awdhp on the mustang dyno. I got big time wheel spin and a crappy 60ft, that awful combination will always kill your time and trap speed. From the moment that light turns green, times a ticking. The 106 mph trap speed should be good enough to run 12s on a good pass. 25psi pump should get me there. I will try again next season.

I hate VR4s I wish I would have never bought it. I was cursed I tell ya.

mitsuturbo

If you hate it so much, maybe you should sell it to someone outside your state. Be rid of it for good!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts