The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant vr4

i just recently sold my subaru and bought a galant vr4 and ran into a problem the car wont start.it doesnt even turn over i know that it could be the starter but even when the starter was fine the car would only turn over but wouldnt start.i have ideas to what could be wrong but i want to see what people think could be wrong with the car

thanks,tommy

SmoothCustomer

Could be so many things. Does it have enough power? Could be a bad alternator. Fouled plugs. CAS could be off 180 degrees...Is it getting fuel and spark?

ya it gets spark and fuel my friend told me that the injectors are not opening up

Barnes

Let us define 'turn over' please:

When you turn the key from on to start, does the engine rotate as if it is trying to start?

speedyvr4

Quoting niteoner:
ya it gets spark and fuel my friend told me that the injectors are not opening up

by this you mean there isn't any injector pulse? if so, and you have one handy(wich you shoulld), try another ecu.

broxma

Que Billy Bob Thorton voice - It ain't got no gas in it.

Fuel, Air, spark, compression in no particular order. Everything should lead from one of these. Check for spark, check injector pulse with an idiot light, check that there isn't a rag jammed in the IC pipe, check compression. Pull any codes it shows and solve.

/brox

well compression was checked all the cylinders were around 150 or higher and turn over i mean the car would crank but not start.I was told that theirs coils or something on the injectors that could be why they are not opening correct me if im wrong.friend said he tried a different ecu but it didn't start either.maybe it could be a sensor or relay? idk

Last edited by a moderator:

codeofdastreets

Yeah wuts up tom. Started is my old one so it locks up, put it in gear nd rock the car should free it up.. Check fuel pump nd never trust crack heads working a car, make sure it is wired correctly, also heared fuel pump is on by zip tiesss lol.. Remount it if I was you..3rd I did try a ecu when helping prevous owner but ecu didn't come out of a running car, just open ur nd send me a pick of how It looks..4th remove fuel rail nd put a cup over each injector, turn it over should get fuel..I know car gets spark. When I get back ill give u a diffrent ecu to use or just ask nick or chris to let u try the one from the blue tsi in the yard.. Let me know what's upp..

codeofdastreets

Plugs are goood.. Timing was checked nd on point...tom check connectors on harness.. Make sure all plus are connected propperly

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned