The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant VR4 spring kits

HunterDG

Hello all,
I currently have cut stock springs and hate the ride.

Looking for a kit that does NOT have a rake..

H&R kit appears to keep the factory rake, thus I do not want it.

I've searched a bit and found mention of the Eibach ProKit but I can't seem to find links or part numbers.

I don't think I'm quite ready for an adjustable coil-over setup (Ground Control)

can anyone help?

I also need new rubber spring seats - Mitsubishi apparently does not make them anymore. Anyone know where I can find some?

GSTwithPSI

I was in a similar situation, and decided to try a set of B&G springs, and am glad I did. The ride wasn't great IMO, but for springs alone they performed as well as anything else I have had over the years. Although the ride was just OK, the stance looked great compared to other spring setups I've seen on VR4s. I was using the B&G springs with KYB AGX struts. The rear wheels are a bit tucked in the pics, but I had plans to install 5mm H&R spacers to bring all 4 corners flush. The car sat level, and handled pretty well.
CIMG0231.JPG

CIMG0205.JPG

HunterDG

i'll check them out. love how your car sits. love the color too!

Thanks!

transparentdsm

umm evo 8/9 mr kit.. i love the hight and they can be had for 400-500. there also amazing on the road.

img.php

Last edited:

HunterDG

drop-in?

transparentdsm

kinda, the fronts need 4 2mm shims for the bottom and the strut tower needs 2 holes drilled in each side.

rears need to have the the bottom of the strut from your stock set up cut off and welded in place so it has a mounting point.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned