The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant gsx

Brianawd

Well I picked up the Galant gsx yesterday from Jason. f*** mapquest. That sh*t had us taking the long way. Any way got home last night and just left the car on the trailer. Unloaded it this morning and got it put where I was thinking it was going to sit for some time. Any way went and did some things and when I got home started working on the car. I found a old ass kenwood alarm system so I pulled it out and all the wires. Tossed a battery in the car and gave it a crank. Oh f*** me it started on the first try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now just need to give it a really good bath and fix some little things.

cspetros

I've been watching this one. There are a few pics in the For Sale ad. Nice one man. Definitely interested in cleaned up pics.

Brianawd

Brianawd

Quote:
Is the blue side stripe stock? Pretty interesting end on that.

I have know idea.

So got the fans back in the car. Fixed the idle problem it was having. It was missing the idle switch. Looks like the stuck caliper is because of the ebrake cable. I pull the cable on the passenger side tell I can fix the cable. Now comes the fun part of cleaning the inside and out. This weekend I am going to change the oil and fuel filter. Change the tranny fluid,tcase and rear diff fluid. Oh and flush the cooling system.

Oil in that should be brand new mobil one with a new filter. Memory could fail me on this so you might as well change it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Glad to hear it is working out for you. It was my brother's project and the look on his face when I said it was because of some stupid alarm in there was one of shock and disappointment. Ah well.

Brianawd

Quote:
Oil in that should be brand new mobil one with a new filter. Memory could fail me on this so you might as well change it.

Glad to hear it is working out for you. It was my brother's project and the look on his face when I said it was because of some stupid alarm in there was one of shock and disappointment. Ah well.

It looks new but it smells like gas bad. Most likely from when you were trying to start it.

Brianawd

Well been driving the car all week to work and back. Be doing good. Only real problem I have found was that broke carrier stud. I was able to get that some what fixed for the time being. Today after work I changed out the tps because I was getting a check engine light for it. I also reset the timing. Who ever set that last time was a tard. It was 6degs retarded. So now its back at 5degs btdc. Runs much much better. I still have a lot of cleaning to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brianawd

Well did a little more work on the ggsx today. I pulled the ecu and put in some new caps. The old ones had just started to leak onto the board. So I cleaned up the board and it was still good. So tossed the ecu back in the car and all is well. I then pulled the door panel to fix the lock. The rod for the door lock fell off so I could not lock or unlock the car from the drivers side. All and all the car is getting better and better every time I work on it.

1990ggsxnj

Definitely liking the Summit White. 2nd fav after the Nordic Blue ;o)

Last edited:

Myles

Good work. I think that deserves a lunch time visit to the A-Crop!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts