The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant GS-X

qwklil4

Got the interior put back together (was ripped out and in pieces) and cleaned up the exterior. It's surprisingly clean. I'll snap a few pictures when the weather gets a little nicer.

Over the last month also found a good turbo 4g63 for the eventual swap, though I'll probably keep the NA motor in it for a while since it runs so nice.

PXL_20230305_214753363.jpg

This is how my garage is now... its a tight squeeze.

PXL_20230315_030152314.jpg

qwklil4

Awesome, white is a great look on galants. Are you in Va or Cali?

By the way, I had issues with the stock fuel filler hose leaking all over the place. Saw you just went through the gas tank. Oreillys sells PN "FNH059" which is nearly a drop in replacement if you had any issues with it.

faqinshiet

I was in Ca until 2016. I finally shipped my ggsx to Va in January. I bought a new one filler hose back when I redid my gas tank. I found another and have it in storage. One day hope to ship all my parts that are in storage and build the galant.

qwklil4

nc_ohc=jDTC9l89QbAAX9hwhgl&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-2.jpg

Swapped in an Evo 8 ecu and have been running it around this summer. I wanted to get comfortable with tuning/flashing on this ecu prior to dropping in the turbo motor. This car is so gutless, lol.
Recharged the AC and it works great, surprisingly. Did the front tie rods/ balljoints, and have Volk rear upper and lowers to do in the near future. I think i need to do the driveshaft carrier bearings as well unfortunately.

I'm waiting for some new (to me) wheels to show up, 3kgt 17x8.5's.

I have a '90 white (badly sun faded) GSX with clean title but no motor, trans or trunk lid that I'm parting out in DFW Texas. It is currently taking up real estate at my shop, AC Speedo Electric and is close to getting stripped and sent to yard. So if anyone is interested lmk

Funny thing he had #57 shell garaged, I think 6+ years. I found a GSX in Oklahoma and removed parts from totaled 1865 to complete 57 that I bought from him. So don't think he'd be interested because I'm pretty sure he's enjoying the garage space. 57 was a furious couple week build but once summer started (a/c season) it has been at a stand still and the GSX is taking up valuable shop space. I'd rather someone needing the parts take it for cheap than call the yard to take it.

qwklil4

Wish you were closer, i would definitely take that GSX off your hands.

Yeah, they were laser wheels. Swapped to Evo 8 enkeis though, also swapped to evo 8 bilsteins w/ front camber/caster plates, got the volk rear control arms in, and some other maintenance items.

1691729460687.png

qwklil4

Just elbow grease/clay bar and good lighting for the picture.

Been working on getting things ready to do the turbo motor swap, and some other upgrades. Ended up going to ecmlink since thats what i have on my Talon. Got the manifold to do the evo x turbo fitted, its a tight fit lol. Will be able to use all the factory oil/water feed lines though so thats cool.

PXL_20231126_003311326~2.jpg

PXL_20231126_003835373~2.jpg

IMG_20231130_170757_01 (1).jpg

IMG_20231130_201425_01 (1).jpg

Also, figured out the brake setup. I'll be using Focus RS front calipers, focus rear calipers. The calipers are great, and cheap. The fronts are monoblock brembos, very light for the size and ~100 bucks a piece re manufactured. The rears are stock style, one piston and manual e-brake, but they are aluminum bodies so quite a bit lighter than stock. Rotors: ~13.25" front rotor, i'll be using a custom rotor blank and make a top hat. ~12.5" rear rotor, basically a stock ford edge rear rotor (will just need to drill a 5x4.5 pattern and upsize the centerbore).

IMG_20231122_111526_01 (1).jpg

qwklil4

Think I got the caliper mounts figured out. Basically I'm using the top ear off the knuckle to go directly to one caliper mount, and will make a bracket to tie the knuckle ears together on the back side and provide a spot to pickup other caliper mount. Will end up needing to shave a bit off the ends of the caliper. There is plenty of clearance in the middle, but decreases towards each end.

1703814163982.jpeg

1703814353500.jpeg

qwklil4

Switched direction on the brakes to get more front balance with how I'm doing the rears. Now using Porsche cayenne 6 pots. Got the rotors in this week and got everything fitted, looking pretty decent. Front rotors are 345mm, and 32mm thick. Though, they aren't too heavy because there's a huge .75" air gap. A nice benefit to the Porsche brakes is the brake lines are a bolt on for 1g's, no messing around with banjo hardware. Trying to get the rotor hat and caliper adapter made over the next couple of weeks.

1708760995950.png
1708760971104.png

Also a friend took care of the welding on the manifold. Ceramic coating is next. Getting closer to having the hardware I need to do the motor swap.
1708761450176.png

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned