The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant Dynamic 4 and VR4

LofturR

What is the difference between Galant Dynamic 4 GTI and VR4?
I've been reading about them and I can't find anything about the difference.
I started thinking Dynamic 4 was like the european version for VR4 but I might be wrong.

r4pt0x

Dynamic 4 was the N/A model in europe. They also had a weaker transmission and no rear VCU and weak 3-bolt axles compared to the VR4. Also no leather Interior was available, but i think only VR4 for US and some RHD variants for japan and australia came with leather interior.

There were also 4WD variants with 4G63 SOHC and even 4G37 1.8l engines available which were sold as "Dynamic 4" in some countries (AFAIK also without 4WS). They often also had the small/metal front&rear bumpers or sometimes the GTI bumpers which are smaller than the dynamic4 ones (vr4 had the extra vents at the splitter) and no side skirts.

At least in Germany only those with all 4 systems (4WD, 4WS, 4IS and 4ABS) were labeled Dynamic4 - hence the *4* - and they all had the larger vr4-like bumpers and side skirts. The only options left (besides seperately sold accessories) as far as i know were the sunroof and air conditioning. Otherwise they already had everything else included, thats why it was quite expensive at 45.000,- DM and not even 500 units were sold in germany...
Even the Starion was cheaper and until the Sigma and 3000GT arrived in 1991 the Dynamic 4 was the most expensive model from Mitsubishi available in germany. (Although the Pajero could be made more expensive with enough options added...)

fuel

The 4G63 SOHC was never offered in the 4WD Galants - it was the 1.8 SOHC 4G37 in the E37A, 2.0 DOHC 4G63 without 4WS in the E38A and 2.0 DOHC 4G63 with 4WS in the E39A.

r4pt0x

My colleague had 2 of the E38 with 4G63 SOHC and I was also offered one last year, so the SOHC engine was definately available in the 4WD models. All 3 cars were from austria - they often had different versions available from other markets, e.g. the 4WD Colt CA ('92-'96) was available with the 4G93 DOHC engine only available in the GTI models in other countries. (The CA5A GTI was sold with SOHC in the US IIRC...)

Mrevoanderson

img.php

pics of my dynamic 4 , sá einmitt að þú varst að spyrja úti muninn , ertu með galant sjálfur ?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts