The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant crash bar

talon

Are there any diferences between the VR4 and the RS Galant crash bar?

When I Bought my car, the crash bar had the center cut out to fit a intercooler. I'd like to get a new crash bar for the Galant, and there is a RS in the Pull-A-Part. I dont want to buy it and it not work!

On a side note, is cutting the crash bar a common thing for fitting intercoolers?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks!

Yes. Cutting the front bumper support is pretty much a necessity for fitting a bigger front mount. Not sure if the VR4 is the same as the base models. I want to say they aren't, but you'll probably have to cut it to clear your intercooler setup also. Why do you want to replace it?

steve

There is a Galant RS at your junkyard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

talon

I'm not sure what the base model Galant is.

I thought about replacing it because when I bolted up my bumper, it sagged in the middle and was flimsy. What do you guys normally do to support the bumper after you cut the crash bar?

There were Galant GS and GSR models sold in the US and the front bumpers and supports are different.

Quoting talon:
Are there any diferences between the VR4 and the RS Galant crash bar?

When I Bought my car, the crash bar had the center cut out to fit a intercooler. I'd like to get a new crash bar for the Galant, and there is a RS in the Pull-A-Part. I dont want to buy it and it not work!

On a side note, is cutting the crash bar a common thing for fitting intercoolers?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting steveGLS:
There is a Galant RS at your junkyard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif That's exactly what I thought.

fivestardsm

Didnt someone else discuss this awhile back? Im thinking that the 93 LS might be the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

maroonmetallic

That's what I'm hopinfg for as I need to replace the support (found a rust-free unhacked VR4 one) for a '93 LS bumper going on one of my cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Shawn

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts