The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel upgrade

marvinmadman

I want to upgrade my whole setup. I want Russell classic hoses and plan on modifying my stock fuel hat to -8AN. What is the best way to accomplish this? Buy a complete kit or piece it together?

LIV4PSI

Piece it together, and have the bulkhead welded onto your sending unit.

I have -8an/-6an lines, afpr, and a FIC rail for sale.

marvinmadman

I already have an AFPR kit. I want the black nylon lines. Which fitting is available to weld up? I looked a little and didn't see what I needed.

LIV4PSI

You should be able to weld on any bulkhead. You don't have to, but they seal better that way

LIV4PSI

Here is pic from my STi. It's not welded and you can see how easy the crush washers get deformed

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

My trunk always smelled like gas from it not ever sealing properly. Maybe I just over torqued it.

EHmotorsports

They do make steel AN's that you can weld.

marvinmadman

I know. I just couldn't find one with a barb on the other end. I don't want to weld on both sides of the hat. Any links to some fittings would be appreciated

LIV4PSI

That was one thing I didn't like about my setup, and part of why I went back to stock. I didn't have the right barb fiting. -8an is rather large compared to the opening on a Walbro

prove_it

Quoting LIV4PSI:
My trunk always smelled like gas from it not ever sealing properly. Maybe I just over torqued it.

Highly evident you did over-torque them. Aluminum washers don't take much to seal. If they deform then either you reused them over and over, or they are over-torqued.

desant78

Call JNZ Tuning. I was at the shop a few months back, and it isn't online, but they have a kit they use on customers cars for all new fuels lines in a vr4. I believe they know all the fittings, lengths etc needed for a vr4. Call up JNZ, ask about getting a kit for replacing lines, and I'm sure they will have everything you need.

Good luck!

marvinmadman

Thanks. I looked there first. Those washers look nylon in that pic BTW.

LIV4PSI

The ones on my car weren't aluminum, nylon sounds right. I would have said plastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Prove It, I'm also not sure if I trust basic Jegs/Summit brand lines. I think that is part of the reason for the fuel smell on my Subaru. Plus the weird routing of lines. But since the OP has decided on Russell classic lines, it's another topic

marvinmadman

Quote from JNZ is $283 for just the feed side using off brand nylon 8an hose.

EHmotorsports

that isn't to bad. we spent about 600 in fittings and braided hose for the last setup we installed.

diambo4life

I'm getting ready to do a double in tank in mine and this is how I am going to set it up. I already have -8AN line going to the back of the car.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Summit Racing SUM-230606 - Summit Racing® Stainless Steel Hose SUM-230606
Hose, Braided Stainless Steel, -6 AN, 6 ft. Length, Each
(Mfr. #: SUM-230606)
Ready to Ship
Ground
$26.97 1 $26.97 (not pictured)

Summit Racing SUM-220690 - Summit Racing® Hose Ends SUM-220690
Fitting, Hose End, Straight, -6 AN Hose to Female -6 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue Anodized, Each
(Mfr. #: SUM-220690)
Ready to Ship
Ground
$4.97 4 $19.88

Summit Racing SUM-220108B - Summit Racing® Y-Fittings SUM-220108B
Fitting, Y-Block, Aluminum, Black Anodized, -8 AN Male Inlet, -6 AN Male Outlets, Each
(Mfr. #: SUM-220108B)
Ready to Ship
Ground
$26.97 1 $26.97

Derale Cooling Products 98200 - Derale Performance AN Swivel Hose Barb Fittings DER-98200
Fittings, Swivel, Straight, Aluminum, Natural, Female -6 AN, Hose Barb 3/8 in., Each
(Mfr. #: 98200)
Ready to Ship
Ground
$4.99 2 $9.98

Aeroquip FBM2793 - Aeroquip Bulkhead Adapter Fittings AER-FBM2793
Fitting, 90 Degree, Bulkhead Union, -6 AN Male, Steel, Each
(Mfr. #: FBM2793)
Ready to Ship
Ground
$9.97 2 $19.94

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

If I was just doing a single intank....I would do the 90deg -8AN bulkhead fitting as seen here then get a -8AN to 3/8" adapter fitting like this one and you are good to go.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts