The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel smell HELP

Hi all
I'm a newbie here.
Just got my car yesterday. It's a 2000 gen 8 galant with 6a13tt engine and it's 4wd.

When I drive quite hard, full throttle, after a while I smell fuel.not a mild fuel smell, it smelled like having a drum full of petrol next to you. has anyone experienced this?

Oh it's an automatic.

Thanks heaps

seizer

Those tt galant vr4's were never shipped here in the states... We mostly deal with the 4g63 complex on this site. I'm sure someone will have a answer for you though. More information on your car would help answer the question easier like what mods do you have on the car? Milage? And stuff like that. Are you venting to atmosphere with your blow off valve or have you checked the fuel filter and fuel lines?

Thanks for you reply. It has a blow off valve, and no I haven't check fuel lines, etc. It has done over 135,000km, it's fairly standard other than open air filter, muffler and blow off valve. Will take the car to the workshop in a few days time

seizer

Well fuel smell usually means your running rich. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to these types of questions so I can't exactly tell you where to start. It is still early morning here in the U.S. I'm sure you will have some responses from other members a little later in the day. I know there is a forum out there that is more deadicated to your model of galant vr4 i just can't remember what it was called. Have you tried any other forums?

steve

It could be a leak. I had a pinched o-ring for one injector and it was leaking out fuel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Dasith

hi

i think you have a better chance of an answer if you post up in

click

and

click

those are dedicated 8th Gen sites

cheers

Yes I think I'm running rich fuel, as I didn't smell fuel when I'm driving normal/slow. Thanks for all the responses guys.
Thank you for the links as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts