The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Pump Nightmare (pics)

G the assembly was a woppin $548.39 plus tax. Came with the stock fuel pump attached already.

I dont know how simple it is for a talon but I would imagine its the same turnaround time as it was for me. I would guess it depends on where you live, since Im in NYC there might be more options for dealerships to get parts, I dont know. I gave them my vin # and explained what I needed and they got it for me. He printed out a diagram of the part before I paid for it so I knew I was getting what I needed. The guy was really cool and I think he pulled some strings so I was able to get it so fast, otherwise it was going to be here Friday.

G

Staff member
Dam i wonder what jnz could get it for ?

steve

So thats what a GVR4 assembly is SUPPOSED to look like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Nice job!

Thanks a lot steve, yeah it does look pretty doesnt it lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last night was the big test... I drove out to Jersey to meet up with a friend and I filled the tank! It was amazing I was able to tell them to fill it up and it actually stopped the pump on its own!! Not a drop of gas on the ground and not the slightest hint of gas smell in the car.

Only thing is I might have kinked the O ring on the top of the pump when I installed it into the assembly. When I left the car for over an hour it didnt start on the first turn of the key, but it did right away on the second. I will know for sure when I try to start it this morning.

steve

Cool. When we put my Walbro in, two of the studs broke off (of course two consecutive ones) so the assembly wasn't holding tight. Gas was leaking out when I went around turns. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif I spent a long time only filling up half a tank before I finally fixed it.

steve

Yeah I drilled through where the studs broke off and JB Welded a new "stud" (i.e. a bolt inserted up from inside the tank)

man that sucks, I was worried about that happening as I was tightening it down.

Hey how bad do you think it is to have the connector down under the cover thats in the trunk instead of being in the trunk itself? Mine didnt reach with this cover I have, and I didnt find a good one at the junkyard yesterday. Its just under the cover, doesnt look like it would be exposed to any water or anything there.

steve

You mean the rubber plug/grommet that the wires go through wont be mounted to the cover plate?

The cover plate I have (see above pic) doesnt have the hole for the plug/grommet thing. It has a bent up lip that allows the wires to go through there. The connector doesnt have enough slack to be on the trunk side of the cover plate so its just under it in the well for the pump assembly.

Its probably just temporary because I want to find the real cover that has the hole for the plug/grommet.

steve

Should be fine, just make sure nothing gets pinched or rubs through.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned