The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Line fitting

Sean,
No one sells it because I had it made /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes it will bolt-on to the line directly on top of the factory sending unit as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting mitsuturbo:
It's not that much more for me to go with nicer hose and fittings. I'm not really a huge fan of "pushlock" parts. The filter i'm getting isn't as big as that one in the 2nd pic, either. That thing is huge. I'll be running the 3" filter. That looks like the 5". Seeing as how the 3" filter is rated at 200GPH, i think it should suffice. I'm also going to replace my Stillen AFPR with a Fuelab unit, for the sake of continuity and appearance.

Anthony,
We use pushlock on all the cars we do in addition to our Evo 8 999 awd hp Drag Car & don't have a problem. The nice things about them is that they're lighter than SS lines, easier to work with (i.e. you don't get poked by the ss in the tip of your fingers), no tape needed (additional cost if using ss) & the hose ends are waaaay cheaper. Once you slip the hose onto the fitting you cannot pull it off. You have to cut it off the fitting. We use them for all types of fuel, oil & air lines (valve cover breather to catch can).

They also have a nice factory look.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Sean,
No one sells it because I had it made /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes it will bolt-on to the line directly on top of the factory sending unit as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You've out done yourself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Quoting mitsuturbo:
It's not that much more for me to go with nicer hose and fittings. I'm not really a huge fan of "pushlock" parts. The filter i'm getting isn't as big as that one in the 2nd pic, either. That thing is huge. I'll be running the 3" filter. That looks like the 5". Seeing as how the 3" filter is rated at 200GPH, i think it should suffice. I'm also going to replace my Stillen AFPR with a Fuelab unit, for the sake of continuity and appearance.

Anthony,
We use pushlock on all the cars we do in addition to our Evo 8 999 awd hp Drag Car & don't have a problem. The nice things about them is that they're lighter than SS lines, easier to work with (i.e. you don't get poked by the ss in the tip of your fingers), no tape needed (additional cost if using ss) & the hose ends are waaaay cheaper. Once you slip the hose onto the fitting you cannot pull it off. You have to cut it off the fitting. We use them for all types of fuel, oil & air lines (valve cover breather to catch can).

They also have a nice factory look.

I realize, and concur that the SS braided lines are heavy, and totally suck. If they ever rub up against anything and part of them frays... OUCH! any time you handle said line. I've gone the pushlock route on things before, and after getting a full Russell ProClassic setup for my oil cooler lines, there's no way i'm ever going back. ABSOLUTELY the lightest lines EVER. Incredibly flexible, and incredibly strong. Sure, they cost a bit more, but i think they'll be well worth it in the long run. I do know that the pushlock hoses "work fine". I have no "complaints" with them. I just think i found something i like better, personally.

I hear you bro. I was just pointing out why we use pushlock. There's a lot of options out there to choose from & obviously if you prefer one over the other go for it. That's what makes each build so unique. Everyone does it their way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Really?... Thats interesting. I just had to buy a Russel fitting from summit racing. Only on the inside of the end with the female threads, it didn't have an inverted flare. It was just flat on the inside. So I just used an O-ring, not the most ideal thing but it doesn't leak.

So since you are selling one of these fittings that in fact does have the inverted flare on the female thread side everyone should get their fitting from you. Because summit doesn't sell one that does, or anywhere else for that matter.

On a side note for anyone wondering this fitting will also connect to your factory sending unit and allow you to connect braided line with a female hose end on it. Granted that its -6 AN.

That's unfortunately what I had to do too, but it hasn't caused any problems in over 4 years.

Just thought I'd post a picture of the fitting installed on my car & a -6 filter as well. The oem bracket will clamp back around my -6 filter with some rubber insulation. I had to tighten the crap out of the metric to -6 AN fitting for it to seal properly. The fitting is @ the inlet side of the filter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts