The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel filler neck - replaceable?

I'll try to be descriptive as i can.

Im talking about the fuel filler neck thats attached to the body panel. The one that the rubber hose attached to and the other end connects to the gas tank.

I hope thats descriptive enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif .

Anyways, my problem is whenever i fill up the gas - i see gas leaking around that area. The neck seems very corroded and i decided (if it can be replaced) to replace that, the rubber hose that connects the gas tank to the filler and the hose for the gas vent (?) right beside it.

Can that part be replaced? Would i be able to swap a 1G DSM part for that? Or is it only an OEM part?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the link, but i knew the hose can be replaced.

Im talking about the actual filler were you put the fuel nozzle in (thats attached to the body). That part seems very corroded and i was thinking of replacing the whole thing incl the hoses.

bobdole

talking about this pc?

OEM Part number is MB678630. Not sure if it is still available. I had mine powder coated.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned