The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Volk CE28N 15x7 wheels for GVR4

NateCrisman

Volk CE28N 15x7 wheels.
4lug GVR4 pattern 4x114.3.
9.8lb each.
dark grey metallic paint.
two wheels are nice condition, one has curb rash and a minor bend, one had a major dent repair w/ welding.

These really cannot be balanced right, thus I consider them suitable only for race-car use where you don't really care about balance and won't notice any vibrations anyway (especially with drag slicks). I would not use these with radial tires, drive them on the street, hit any bumps.....Carracer begs to differ and would use them on the street. Im a little more conservative and would rather not risk cracking the one that was repaired. CarRacer and I have both used these wheels and sold them back and forth between us a couple times, and both of us love/hate to have them and get rid of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I used them with bias ply drag slicks and they were awesome..no issues and you'd never know there was a balance issue.

anyway $500 + shipping. Cheapest set of useable real Volk wheels you will ever see and damn near the lightest race wheel you'll ever find. Excellent additional set of track wheels for a galant racer.

P1080447-X2.jpg

P1080449-X2.jpg

Last edited:

G

Staff member
So they all are unbalancable or just the repaired one? What's the offset? Are they hubcentric?

NateCrisman

Two are not damaged at all and balance normal. One was dinged and straightened...and balances out ok with like 1.5oz. One was dented/cracked...straightened and welded....that wheel is out of balance by like 5oz due to the welding and its fragile imho.

NateCrisman

+43. Offset.
I have hub centric rings for them included.

NateCrisman

wow, last time these were for sale I was keeping you guys away with a stick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif Don't make me sell these to a DSMer w/ 4lug conversion.

Last edited:

citymunky

If that one rim was streetable, I would have pick them up a long time ago.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

I suggest you contact CarRacer and solicit his opinion. I believe he did run them on his streetcar GVR4 for like a year. Granted, I may be overblowing it, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Maybe Im way to cautious. I also never really hunted for a single replacement wheel, the other three are fine.

citymunky

Any pics of the repair area? Any pics on a GVR4?

Last edited:

NateCrisman

next time Im at the shop, I will make a few more detailed pics of that wheel. not sure why I didn't think to do that the first time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

CarRacer

Quoting citymunky:
If that one rim was streetable, I would have pick them up a long time ago.

Nate got them from a car he parted out and had one rim repaired by his Dad who does professional wheel repair iirc. I drove on them for at least a year and noticed that same wheel stopped holding air. I had a local guru repair it, he did an excellent job and even color matched his repair pretty well so it's difficult to see the repair on the inside of the drum. I drove on it for another year before parting out the car.

The wheels have been damaged and repaired but I think they're absolutely fine for street use. They're $500 Volks, you seriously will be amazed when you pick one up. You can see a 10lb weight listed but feeling a 10lb weight is still crazy.

citymunky

CarRacer do you have any pics of the rims on your car?

To Nate, I'm really thinking about these, my only downside is that I can't upgrade the brake calipers like I was planning. On the plus side I could keep my stock rims as back-ups/winter rims. I also could use my spare tire in normal day driving emergency.

Also found a replacement CE28 that will cost more then this whole set. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I need to get rid of my ADVAN RG's before I can free up money.

Last edited:

minneSNOWta

Bump for a great deal. Even if you buy a new wheel, it's still a bargain. Not trying to hijack, but my blue RAYS lugs for sale would really complement these wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

citymunky

I have a set of RAYS lugs on my G35, they are super lite, but prefer the lugs in RED.

NateCrisman

Re the. Price of a replacement single wheel....hahaha. That should illustrate how inexpensive this set is. If all four wheels were completely normal, we should maybe be discussing $1200 instead of $500. But to be completely honest, for a racecar situation where the weight is truely the important thing...the damage and balance issues are comppletely moot. For a drag car onn slicks these are absolutely a steal because they function 100% as a $1500 set of new volks and are likely the absolute lightest 15" wheel you will ever find that fits a galant.

I gotta watch it or I'll talk myself f out of selling them. After all...everyone eventually comes back in to the dsm/vr4 fold someday. I may be out. Now, but 15 years from now I'll be huntinng for volks again and kicking myself for letting a set go for $500 just like the last time I sold them to carracer.

And just to clear up, it was GizmoVR4 who did the initial repairs on the wheels including color matching repaint (which is spot on perfect). He seriously rescued this wheel set from being relegated to a FWD race car pair, as I otherwise would have tossed the bent pair and sold the good pair to a WWD enthusiast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Gizmo deserves some credit (not my DAD!)

Last edited:

CarRacer

sh*t my bad, I knew it was somebody you knew who repaired them.

Here's what they look like on a Galant in a picture taken with my old 3GS. I'm not sure you would need to worry about them clearing a brake setup either. Remember less weight means less material to get in the way of the calipers and such.

26006_1277020403902_1348467_n.jpg

citymunky

James, what size tire did you run? 205/60/15?

NateCrisman

Carrier's pic makes me want to just hold onto them for when "someday" I find another perfect green gvr4 like 139/1000 was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

CarRacer

Quoting citymunky:
James, what size tire did you run? 205/60/15?

Don't remember but that sounds about right.

Gizmovr4

Quoting Evilvr4:
139/1000 is doing just fine in this brutal winter

Post some pictures of 139 - would love to see what you have done with the car !!

As for the volk wheels - if I didn't already have Volks on 431 I would have taken these a long time ago from Nate - Nothing is better than losing rotating weight - and for the price he's asking they are a steal !!!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts