The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Ultra Racing Fender Braces ****SOLD*****

ApexHunter

One 3 point fender brace kit by Ultra Racing. Brand new, still in original plastic wrap. SOLD

Last edited:

theevozero

How does the top brace fit? I noticed that the brace is modelled on a RHD Galant and the washer bottle and cruise is in a different spot. It looks like it could interfer with the usdm washer bottle and cruise control.

xaisomboun

I have a different strut tower brace but I just flipped it and added 2 bolts and nuts. I would assume this would work the same way.

prove_it

Clearly neither of you understand what's being sold here.

theevozero

click

I assumed it was this. But since I'm getting flak, I guess its just the fender braces?

LIV4PSI

The link you posted is the same thing, and it has nothing to do with a strut bar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

prove_it

Quoting theevozero:
click

I assumed it was this. But since I'm getting flak, I guess its just the fender braces?

That's what the ad says.

theevozero

It says "kit" then pictures all 3 pieces. Not 100% clear. Thank you for the clarification.

transparentdsm

Quoting theevozero:
How does the top brace fit? I noticed that the brace is modelled on a RHD Galant and the washer bottle and cruise is in a different spot. It looks like it could interfer with the usdm washer bottle and cruise control.

for real what does the washer bottle have to do with a fender brace?

theevozero

Because it isn't in the same location on a USDM Galant. Looks like it MIGHT get in the way. Regardless, he isn't selling a strut brace.

ApexHunter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Thanks for the help guys.

Correct, no strut tower brace included or implied. By "kit", i meant that it comes as a complete kit- Left brace, right brace, and hardware kit, just as you would get if you bought new direct from the manufacturer.

SIDE NOTE! For those wondering, UR's tower braces, both front and rear, work flawlessly on USDM cars. I had them on 1951. Good quality.

edit: 1951 did not have C/C and the washer bottle had been removed as well, so i can't speak on their compatibility.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Quoting conradical:
I've always wanted a set does anyone have them on their car? Just curious if it made a big difference.

Yes I have them, yes they make a difference. In my opinion to make the best of them however you require a set of Curtis' frame connectors as well. The added rigidity that these give at the front is transferred to the rear because of the restricted ability of the front of the car to twist.

sy1100

So its like all the Curtis stuff if you missed it you can get it. I would be down for a set of his frame connectors and evo seat brackets. I may pick these up here, need to get the funds together.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts