The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: transmission and tcase

mountaineerjeff

Transmission sold,tcase still available

pulled out of #1630. everything shifted fine when I had it, I replaced the seals and fork/pinion then drove the car about 1000 miles. It has been sitting for a while (bout 2 years) but would be fine to get a car back on the road, as a spare, or for a core for a built one.

Im making a trip to greyhound very soon (as soon as schedule permits) and if I can get payment before I go Im willing to do $325 SHIPPED anywhere in the conus. I also have the transfer case as well, not sure on spline or material at the moment, but it matches the tranny. $80 shipped, or $380 for both.

this is only a "since im going to greyhound anyway" deal so if something isnt decided before then ill keep them/raise the price

if my asking price is too high let me know. (I think its more than fair considering the price of shipping these days)

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

its a 91 (#1630 gives it away )the car was a 2 owner car when I got, the original being the older man that bought it in 91, and the second being a org member. I bought the car, and immediately went into upgrade fever, and replaced the clutch, the car was DD'd throughout the break in procedure, but right about the time that the clutch was ready, I suffered an electrical fire. like I said I dont remember ANY problems with this tranny, but I wanted to make sure the price was low enough that its not much more than a core, since I cant guarantee condition, to make sure there arent any hard feelings. Mainly because I never drove it hard anyway,so I cant tell you if it shifts at 8-10k, or anything like that.

I guess my point is, you could spend $200 ish on my transmission (accounting for shipping) and have a tranny that will last for the next 100k, or you could drop it in, and it grind into gear, but at least you have a cheap spare/core to rebuild. I just think that my asking price in fair enough that it compensates for my lack of knowledge about it.

I just dont want to make any big promises to you guys, and someone be picky about how it slides into a gear or something random like that. Id look at it like Im getting a cheap JY tranny, but all the hard work is already done. IF getting 1630 roadworthy was plausible, I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM PERSONALLY RUNNING THIS TRANS.

im only selling it, to try and make my trip to greyhound worth wild, and to get my jeep back on the road.

ill count the splines first chance

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif(pm posted for general knowledge)

number3

This is a steal as far as I am concerned.

vegeta1170

If i would have seen this a week ago, I wouldn't have spent my money on valentines day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I wish I could come up with the money, i want to drive my car!!

Very interested, waiting on a shipping quote for a engine should have that in the morning and will know my budget. In the meantime maybe you can get that shaft spline count, need to make sure this will work on my 92 (23 spline) Thanks

mountaineerjeff

well i think ive come down with something, so i Just havent felt good enough to go out to the garage and count them.....ill get it asap but right now im going back to bed.....

4G63_GSR

pm me with info, pics, etc. there's a vr4 shell local to me that will need a tranny/xcase. shipping to 53223. thanks.

mountaineerjeff

^ for you ill make you a deal and ship you both for $400.
pics, it looks like a transmission
info, its cheap

lol

so I have a bunch of people wanting this, but no one has paypaled yet...right now the plan is to go to greyhound on saturday, so if you guys havent figured your stuff out, then Im throwing this on TOONERS on weds.

mountaineerjeff

transmission is sold, but due to weather/illness it hasnt shipped yet so T-case is still available

22 spline aluminum case. paypal needs to be received asap.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts