The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: the best shop lights you could ever buy

IncorpoRatedX

UPDATE!
My move date is getting closer and I still have about 1/3 of my lights left.

I'm offering a close out discount. Until the remaining stock is gone; if you guy 10 or more lights, you get a 20% discount.

Attn: buyers
To make shipments go smoother and faster; please include the quantity, style and wattage of light you're ordering in the PayPal message.

Prevents me having to match your real name or email to your board name.

I've missed a couple of shipments for folks because of this and with the move being three weeks away, things are getting hectic.

I'll be shutting this down in exactly 2 weeks.

Oct 15th is the last day for sales.

Alright guys, I'm moving to mesa this year and I've got to lighten my load. I have been hoarding some stuff for a while now, couple of years ago my company bought another company and a decent amount of their inventory was private labeled so we couldnt sell to our customers. It sat on our shelves for quite a while and finally I offered to buy it.

100,000 hours of proven use. Induction lighting is a workhorse.
(100,000 hours would last you 11.4 years if you ran them 24 hours a day, 20 years if you use them daily.)

Magnetic induction lighting is easily one of the best lighting technologies out there. You'll find a ton of information online about it and a lot of major companies that sell induction, from GE to Sylvania and on. You've likely heard of LED, but induction has moved to the front of the line due to the lack of glare you find in 90% of LED fixtures out there.

What you need to know:
Uses 50% the energy of conventional lighting (incandescent, metal halide, hps, sodium vapor, etc)
longest proven light span - up to 10 times longer than your average fluorescent without lumen degradation
contains no liquid mercury
highest color rendition (building a wiring harness and need to see colors? this is the sh*t)
cool operating temperature

I work with a lot of heavy industries that use my lighting, it's robust and survives some of the worst conditions.

Here's what I have to offer:

Rectangular lamp and ballast kit,
40 watt (equal to 200 watt incandescent or 150 watt metal halide) good for over work benches or other small areas that need good light
I have 7 rectangular, $25 each kit (1 lamp, 1 ballast)
I have 20 round $25 each kit
I have 20 screw in rounds $25 each kit

rectangular
40_60W_Rectangle__16311.1405347985.1280.1280.jpg

screw in:
ACL_40_60.jpg

80 watt - same as above but slightly bigger and twice as bright - good for shop lighting when youve got a 10-12 foot ceiling.
I have 1 of these left, $35 each kit (1 lamp, 1 ballast)

NEWLY ADDED
See Options for 120/150 kits; 120 and 150 use the same lamp, but for $5 more than a 120, you get an extra 30 watts and 3000-4000 lumens. That's like buying an extra 40 watt lamp and mounting it next to the 120. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
120 watt - same as the others but a little bigger and even brighter! if you've got a 2 car garage, 4 of these would light the whole place up like the sun.
150 watt lamp and ballast kit
, slightly longer than the 120's (like 1/4 inch) but almost 5000 visually effective lumens brighter than the 120's
I have:
18 120/150 rectangular kits
120: $45 each
150: $50 each
16 circular kits
120: $45 each
150: $50 each

Here's how the circulars look:
IND_RKT_C2__14659.1405444078.1280.1280.jpg

rectangular:
rectangular_lampBallast__08177.1405348198.1280.1280.jpg

Need big light?
I also have a limited quantity, this is from my personal stash, but i have to make room for stuff in the moving truck... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
200 watt induction kits - these replace a 460 watt metal halide. They're bright and they're bad ass.
5 Rectangular 200w kits, $60.00 each

Both Tim and Stephen from the one lap crew use these lights in their shop, if you're skeptical, ask them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

182951_10151549258329016_1580425838_n.jpg

Oh, and if you're into horticulture, or... into growing pot, induction is one of the best artificial lights for growing plants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Struc

Two questions:

1) How do they do for cold weather operation (-15F+)
2) Shipping costs?

IncorpoRatedX

These particular ballasts are not configured for outdoor use in temperatures below 30* F. I can get you those ballasts but they'll cost you more and they're not something i have right now, but I can see what I can get them for.

buyers pay actual shipping.

IncorpoRatedX

guys, I should point out, I'm selling these things for 1/10th their value. Induction lighting is expensive, rightly so, it lasts a long damn time.

KT

Hey Josh,

Do you have a rough lumen rating for these to make apples to apples comparison easier?

Also, for an unheated garage that would get near the low temp for the ballast, what happens when you throw the switch?

Thanks,

Ken

G

Staff member
I'm interested in the 80watt units. Do you have the dimensions of the light assembly? And how do you mount them?

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting KT:
Hey Josh,

Do you have a rough lumen rating for these to make apples to apples comparison easier?

Also, for an unheated garage that would get near the low temp for the ballast, what happens when you throw the switch?

Thanks,

Ken

Most of the time, they'll work, but if it gets really cold out and you turn the lights on and one doesnt come on, you'll need to turn them off and back on until they all come on, if the ballast has powered and the cold start cycle isnt lighting them, it will burn out the ballast. I have some outdoors and they worked in the coldest of days this last winter, however they're not built for cold weather so I want people to know ahead of time what to expect.

I will include a spare ballast for every 4 kits purchased. or additionally you can buy extra ballasts at $10 each.

Quoting G:

I'm interested in the 80watt units. Do you have the dimensions of the light assembly? And how do you mount them?

They're 10.25x5.75x3.25

On the lamps there's a cross bar between the magnets that allows you to mount them to pretty much anything, the ballast have 4 little 'feet' you can mount from. most of my friends mount them to the trusses or beams in their garage with a single wood screw or self tapping 1/4" x 1 inch screw.

This is a stock photo of a larger wattage, but you get the idea.
$_1.JPG

Jesus_Negros

How much for:

120 watt - same as the others but a little bigger and even brighter! if you've got a 2 car garage, 4 of these would light the whole place up light the sun.
I have 20 of these, $45 each kit (1 lamp, 1 ballast)

Shipped to 92555?

IncorpoRatedX

How many do you want?

Jesus_Negros

1 for now. I don't have much an imagination. So ill get one and if i need another I'll buy another.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting KT:
Hey Josh,

Ken,

Just realized I overlooked that question:

40w is 5,488 visually effective lumens
80w is 11,760
120w is 18,816

Turbo negro,
Shipping on one unit would run you about $12

4orced4door

Sprung for 10 of the 40w fixtures. I'll let you guys know how they look. Going to redo my small garage.

Wizardawd

now when you say below 30 degrees Fahrenheit how will they operate at - 30 degrees below?

Wiz

IncorpoRatedX

Below 30*F ambient temp you should not use them if they do not turn on in the first 3 tries. If they turn on, you're fine.

The technology itself and newer ballasts work fine down at -30* F

1307nv

In the pic it shows it in a fixture, do they have to be mounted in a fixture or can they be mounted directly to the ceiling?

IncorpoRatedX

Any way you wanna do it. Most of my friends have them exposed.

IncorpoRatedX

Updated quantities. Sold quite a few pretty fast.

I'll be listing these on a couple of sites in the next week, need to move them out soon.

IncorpoRatedX

Two more orders packed.

Gonna be a minimum order rule soon. Packing these 1 and 2 piece orders is costing me. So if you're considering ordering and it's a small you can move ahead for now.

PayPal is [email protected]

If you send payment for lamps say which ones and how many.

I will then send you a PM with the shipping charges and you can pay for shipping.

Otherwise if you need a quote on shipping, inbox me.

Jesus_Negros

I might be interested in two 40watts

IncorpoRatedX

Two more orders went out yesterday, ive got another to send out tomorrow.

cherrod, if you want those 40's, snatch 'em!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned