The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: super short route FMIC...type-R

mountaineerjeff

Well I need some cash very quickly so I need to sell my fmic setup. its the absolute best/shortest possible route you can run on our cars.
it started with a race short route 2g core. ( I think its 12x3.5x26 but will get more exact measurements) then modified it to fit perfectly in the gvr4. it provides a super clean install, a very clean engine bay, shortest possible route for the best performance, and making lag non-existent. Its also a quality bar and plate intercooler for the maximum heat dissipation. Im also including the the mishimoto radiator, which is required to finish the clean install. Its an all aluminum 1g that was adapted to work perfectly with this setup. the rad was about 300 plus about 1000 for the intercooler kit, then it was all extensively modified at Frontline Fabrication. Ill also include a 1g BOV and all the couplers.

im thinking that Ill start at $1200. its the cleanest, most powerful setup, without going all out drag race, while still looking great, and comes complete with everything you need.

shows fmic mounting and radiator

shot looking down at radiator and piping. very clean and the shortest route possible

quality welds, and modifications to fmic

custom one off piping, then coated with silicone based heat coating.

completely discreet, and fits/hides behind the stock bumper.

this is really my dream setup for a fmic and I did everything exactly how I found to be the best option. I am really fond of my creation do to maximizing its potential, and not taking any short cuts. I believe its a fair deal, and price is without shipping, but I need to sell so Ill entertain all offers.

PM or text me at 3046571513

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

dont know why pics are so large, mods feel free to resize, or help point in the direction of making them more easily viewable.

in the mean time I just zoomed way out.

mountaineerjeff

it took a minute, but I got them all the pics fixed. another attribute that I forgot to mention is this setup allows you to keep your factory fog lights, and while it is small, technically with this having less piping, this kit also is now lighter weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mitsuturbo

I routed mine even shorter than that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your finished product does look nice and clean, though. Does the core push the fascia down at all, or hang below it? Did you use a bumper that still leaves a center section to bolt the fascia to, Like this?
img.php

or did you just cut out the entire middle of the bumper to get this to fit?

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

it fits completely behind the bumper skin, without distorting it at all. the only thing I did was cut out the parts of the skin that are filled in, to increase the flow. still looks completely stock though, and most people would have no idea unless I point it out

my trimmed bumper.

as far as the actual bumper support goes, the pic of the one you put up would fit, but I did not put mine back on at all. it was pretty rough, and I like the weight savings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned