The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:PA, 1995 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo, 63k Miles $9.9k

GirlyVR4

It's in near flawless condition, inside and out, and runs and drives perfectly. It is completely RUST free, and has always been garage kept.

It has 63,050 original miles, but the mileage will increase a bit as I am currently daily driving it back and forth to work (about a 3 mile round trip)

I'm asking $9900 OBO

IMG_8728.jpg

The exterior paint is near flawless, no rock chips, dings, dents, scratches, etc anywhere on the car.

The charcoal leather interior is in near excellent condition as well. The driver seat shows virtually no wear and tear at all, which is quite common with these cars. No staining, tears, rips of any kind on the interior. The removable glass sunroof works just as it should with no problems or leaks of any kind.

The transmission shifts perfectly through all of the gears with a smooth, solid throw. The engine runs very quietly, with no ticking or noises of any kind. The oil pressure is fantastic, and the turbos pull hard through the RPM's.

The car is mechanically stock and has never been modified or raced. The only aftermarket parts on the car are KYB shocks/struts, and Tein S-Tech lowering springs. It also has black 18'x9" AMR wheels.

The car does have a rebuilt title due to previous rear end damage, but tracks and drives straight and all panels line up perfectly. It has a current PA inspection.

Any questions at all, if you want additional pictures, videos, etc. just let me know

You're welcome to call/text anytime (within reason!! no 3am calls please!)
I am available nearly anytime if you want to come take a look at the car.

Thanks,
Emilie
Office/Daytime #: 610-438-0439 (M-F 9am-6pm EST)
Cell: 609-865-7781

IMG_8723.jpg

IMG_8725.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

IMG_8730.jpg

IMG_8732.jpg

GirlyVR4

Some more pictures:

IMG_8733.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

IMG_8736.jpg

IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg

I can provide any additional pictures, videos of the car running and driving, etc. Just let me know what you want to see.

ktmrider

Lovely! With those rims and color it looks like a mini Viper.

GL, great ad.

GirlyVR4

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Really wish I could justify keeping this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

matt92vr4

I had to sell my Stealth too when the babies started to pop out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GL

Street Surgeon

10k for a salvage title, giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl you cray.

89Mirageman

^^Come on man, much easier to just hit the back button. That is a clean car for sure, salvage or not I think its worth asking price. The few TT stealths that I've ever seen were trashed. This one looks like new.

^^ I agree car looks very clean. I had a 1g eclipse auto, salvage title but it was the cleanest Dsm I had ever had. Oh and 60k miles on it. This car very very nice.

jmorri15

looks like an amazingly clean car, in its day it was a supercar. More horsepower then a Ferrari 348. It is worth the money if it is mechanically sound. If i had the money I would love to buy it.

3rdstrikedsm

Rebuilt and salvage are 2 very different things Rebuilt can be titled in any state as the inspection has been done already and salvage can be a bitch to even get titled as most states put you through the ringer.

Jesus_Negros

Very nice stealth!

I know in VA in order to get a rebuilt title the work has to be done in VA which is pretty stupid and the owner has to have a certificate for the tilte saying its been rebuilt/repaired even though it's stamped on the title already. There's a LS2 GTO for 8k in VA with a repaired title that the owner cant sell for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

JNR

The titles are sort of interchangeable, although "salvaged" generally means that the repairs exceed the value of the car, but either of the terms means the car has been repaired and are back on the road...they typically reduce the value of the vehicle by 50% and most banks won't touch them. IIRC, there is also branded title which is generally a lemon buy back. Doesn't always mean any of these titles involve so much damage the car's a POS, but once it gets that mark of death, it's pretty much stuck with it, even if it was minor...Sort of a shame in some cases, like this one, where it *appears* the car's in good condition, but only an in-person inspection will determine just how good the repair/paint it (not saying this one isn't done right, I don't know, but being general).

Hate red, but this looks really clean and nice in the pics and good luck with the sale. I have no idea on the value of these things, but if it were a clean title, sounds like it'd be a good deal.

Street Surgeon

I'm definitely not saying the car is a POS, but a salvage title from what I've seen typically will take away about 1/2 the value of what would have been a 10ish-k car to start with.

Also, why is the rear wheel so close to the rocker panel/drivers door? What was the extent of the damage?
IMG_8723.jpg

Last edited:

marvinmadman

The rear wheels are like that from the factory. I owned one and it was the same. A simple google search will find you a bunch of side shots where most are the same as the pic you quoted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

gvr4ever

Quoting JNR:
The titles are sort of interchangeable, although "salvaged" generally means that the repairs exceed the value of the car, but either of the terms means the car has been repaired and are back on the road...they typically reduce the value of the vehicle by 50% and most banks won't touch them. IIRC, there is also branded title which is generally a lemon buy back. Doesn't always mean any of these titles involve so much damage the car's a POS, but once it gets that mark of death, it's pretty much stuck with it, even if it was minor...Sort of a shame in some cases, like this one, where it *appears* the car's in good condition, but only an in-person inspection will determine just how good the repair/paint it (not saying this one isn't done right, I don't know, but being general).

Hate red, but this looks really clean and nice in the pics and good luck with the sale. I have no idea on the value of these things, but if it were a clean title, sounds like it'd be a good deal.

I think anymore salvage really comes down to what a insurance company thinks it is worth compared to what it really is. Also, if no loan is on the car with gap insurance, I bet they will slap that salvage title on it even faster. I think some insurance companies wrongfully slap a salvage title on a car simply because of its age, they don't want to deal with it, etc. I bet a fender bender would total a GVR4 now days.

The down side is, even if the car was never wrecked all that bad, perfectly fixed up. If a insurance company will over it, they generally charge a lot more. I checked on one once and coverage was a LOT more. They really didn't want to cover it and just named a price so high that no one would want to actually get it.

3rdstrikedsm

I insured a rebuilt title evo back in the day with no issues at all and they told me they think of a rebuilt title the same as a "clean" title but would not touch a salvage title, Hope this clears some of this up for a potential buyer.

GirlyVR4

It's a reconstructed/rebuilt title. Sent into a state inspection facility and left there for a week to be inspected top to bottom. Passed with flying colors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was in a rear end accident, that crushed in the rear bumper/bumper support, trunk lid, etc. We cut it at the rear factory seam (drilled out the spot welds, cut, etc), and stitch welded it exactly as factory. Looking at the repairs with every panel off and down to the bare shell, you can not tell where the repairs were made. Runs, drives, tracks flawlessly. Not an ounce of rust anywhere on the car, and the bolts, brackets, etc in the engine bay still have the gold coating on them. Mechanically perfect. interior and exterior are in near perfect condition.

If I wasn't 6 months pregnant and having a hard time fitting behind the steering wheel, I would GLADLY keep the car. I just don't need 4 of them taking up room at the garage, and on my insurance policy. I'm in need of something more family friendly at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My insurance on this car is no different or any more expensive than my other 4 cars on my insurance policy. It's actually the cheapest (but that probably has to do with the agreed value/aftermarket coverage I have on my other vehicles). I believe it's about $60/month for full coverage (comp/collision, $500 ded).

As for the price... Find another one in this condition, this mileage. There were only 365 produced in 1995, and 57 in 1996. These years dropped the AWS, dropped auto/digital climate control, no power antenna, etc. They are the lightest production Twin Turbo 3/S's off the factory line.

Last edited:

matt92vr4

I've found that a GVR4 is a very family friendly car.

GirlyVR4

Our GVR4 will be up for sale soon as well. I want something made this century, with airbags. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts