The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Nile Black 91 Galant VR-4 Oregon $1000 ***NOW $300*** stripped shell.

Update, now getting parted here: Parts For Sale Thread
This breaks my heart, but I have to get rid of her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gifThere is a thread on her here: Thread I still don't have a title, and I have to move. I'm in college and can't afford to finish putting it together.
The Good:
*Rust Free Nile Black all original car
*No Sunroof
*Complete shell, unmodified
*Decent Interior
*Harness Unhacked, it is missing the injector clips, but otherwise unmolested
*Badge Still there
*Reproduction Key Fob included!
*Most of the manual seatbelt swap included, missing the female side of the buckles, and the pillar trim is broken, possible pieces missing. Hot Glue could fix most of it.
*1g shifter and boot
*Pressure washed the engine bay and fenderwells etc. Nice and clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The Bad:
*Missing Engine, Transmission, Transfer Case, Front Axles, RR dogleg, trim between bumper and grill, radio, ecu, intercooler
*broken mounts on right headlamp
*broken lens on left foglamp
*Drivers seat has splits
*Some dings and such, more than it should for its age
*Carpet is rough
*Steering wheel is rough too
*Bumper is KG not NB
*NO TITLE
$1000 Located in Eugene, OR
Basically a DSM donor car could have this on the road quickly. I bought it as a project, and was supposed to get a title with it. If you follow the thread linked above, you will see I did get in touch with the previous titled owner, and he was very helpful, and nice, and promised to get me a title, but he never came through. Right now I am broke, and focused on finishing my MBA. I don't have time or money for this project. I am moving from my house to an apartment and am not going to have room for it. I have had it since July and have done nothing with it. It needs to go to someone who has the time to chase down a title and put it together. I'm asking $1000. I'm listing it here first, as I love this community, lots of great guys here. I will get another GVR4 and I will be back. I want to see it go to a good home. If it doesn't sell here it goes on Craigslist for $1200, as everyone wants to lowball you there, so I need to leave some negotiation room as I am firm on the $1000. If it doesn't go on craigslist, then it goes on Ebay. I'd like to see it stay in the family here though.
Contact information for the previous owner will be included.

The creases in the back seat are from the stuff that was sitting in the back seat, now in the trunk.

Trunk full of interior pieces, and the radiator

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

He is selling a car not the parts. Give him $1K and you can have all the parts you want off the car.

Yeah I don't really want to see it get parted. It is a very rust free shell, it was a California car all its life, the last couple years have been in the NW.

GSX_TC

Ok then...

Man.....I would love to have the engine and chassis harness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GSX_TC

I would like that passenger front door and front fender..

number3

First, I would like to thank you for your service.

Second, seriously. Stop asking people publicly in the car for sale section to sell you body parts.

We have two sections for that.

Thank you.

GSX_TC

Guess I'll just pm then from now on.

Brianawd

Can you please call me. I would like to come pick this car up fro
You next weekend. 509-840-9039

Quoting GSX_TC:
I would like that passenger front door and front fender..

Sure. It'll be $1000.
I realize there are not a lot of parts out there, but seriously there are better cars to cannibalize. Rape the wrecked, rusty cars for GVR4 specific stuff, and get your doors, fenders and crap like that from the plentiful ls, gs, and gsx cars. Really.

CutlassJim

^ Amen to that! You wouldn't believe the retarded requests I got for parts. If you don't respect these cars enough to keep a good one on the road then sell yours and buy a DSM please.

Sadly if someone doesn't buy her, she will get parted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

well, to the last post about parting it...... if there is no title, and the seller has been chasing it, it does not leave many options, and now that the seller has said he may part it, i want to get in line for the header panel below the grille, all stock intercooler piping,clamp,bov. the plastic that covers under the steering wheel, the complete fuel pump with sending unit and all, overflow bottle and speedometer trim.

GSX_TC

If he does part it I wanna be next in line for the center a/c vents and 1 of the a/c knobs and driver side a-pillar closest to the dash.

Sucks to hear the car may get parted.

If it turns out that way put me down for a fog light/dimmer switch. Just be careful removing it. Three different people have broken the tabs (or one tab) on the back. I'm trying to get one of these switches that has no broken tabs.

Also, I'm sure someone would like the dash since it still has the badge and key fob. Maybe a person who bought a car where the previous owner removed the badge. There are a lot of good parts on that car.

So I'm filing a mechanic's lien, and should have a title in the not too distant future, so I think I'm going to hang on to it until then. I am still selling it, complete. I know the vultures have been circling since I put it up here, but I'd really hate to see this car get parted. The price isn't going to change. Oh and here are some additional pics someone else requested, and since I took them I may as well put them up. Closeups of dings and dents
eugenespringfield201105.jpg

Well I hate to do it. But its getting parted. I consider preservation of these rare cars to be a somewhat noble pursuit. But I can't do it. An unfortunate turn of events, my DD 4Runner getting stolen and stripped forces me to spend alot of moneyonit. Money i dont have. I'll start a thread in parts. The shell is still for sale. The price dropping accordingly until it gets to scrap value. As of Today(5-17-11), Price is dropped to $800, and the badge and fob are SPF.

Now a pretty stripped shell. Now that spring term is over I have a bit more time. I'm going to take off anything gvr4 specific and scrap it, unless someone wants just the shell. the way it sits for $300.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts