The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Lower Shores Performance MBC - GVR4 Price is $41.70 (all fees included)

hiboost07

Sorry I haven't had a chance to update everyone that the controllers were sent out. It's been a little crazy here these past two weeks. I still have 10 controllers available and ready to ship out. Anyone interested PM or Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you out an invoice.

Please be aware that the title price is not correct. They are $47.80 shipped.

92GVR4num65

Also got mine today. Thanks agian!!!

paul j

Received my boost controller. Looks great and I hope to test it someday. In the instructions you give compression ratio formula. With stock boost, 10psi and 7.8:1 it comes out to 13.1:1 final CR and at 5psi it is still 10.45:1. Is this an actual fact? If so, what final CR do you need to stay below before going above premium pump gas?
I am sending you a PM concerning paypal.

hiboost07

Hello Paul, that compression ratio info is in fact correct BUT you also need to take into account that many turbo cars have an intercooler and most all aside from diesels have aluminum heads which pushes the FCR up a little higher. Normally on a naturally aspirated engine with cast iron heads you max out at around 10:1 with pump gas before detonation starts to occur. If you are running aluminum heads you may be able to bump that up a point to a point in a half to 11.5:1 but that's pushing it. Depending on the altitude where you live also affects the final compression ratio which you can calculate in the Corrected Compression Ratio formula below. Now with all that said running gasoline with ethanol which is about all you can buy in most places pushes the FCR limit back down again. If you can buy ethanol free 93 octane fuel (we have it here at Shell) that is the best thing to run aside from race fuel.

Below is a quick reference chart I pulled from the BDS website so you can see where your final compression ratio is at without doing all the calculations.

Final Compression Ratio Chart

click

This chart shows the final compression ratio combining the static compression ratio of an engine and the maximum blower boost from the blower system. It is to be used as a guideline in determining the proper maximum boost level for a specific application. Final compression ratios in excess of 12.4:1 are not recommended for use with "pump gas." The higher the final compression ratio, the higher the octane rating of the fuel must be in order to help prevent detonation and serious engine damage.

Corrected Compression Ratio = FCR - [ (altitude÷1000) x 0.2 ]

PM concerning Paypal replied to.

Last edited:

hiboost07

Hello everyone, I hope this holiday season is treating you all well. I have had very good days and very bad days recently. The good news is that my wife decided to take a position with a company in California and started last Monday. I'm in the process of wrapping everything up here and following her out there shortly.

The very bad news is that I had a break a week ago early Sunday morning (the day after she had left) and several of my motorcycles were stolen. Here is a list of what was taken :

1. 1983 Honda CR480

2. 1984 Honda CR500

3. 1986 Yamaha YZ80

4. 1995 Honda CR500

5. 1999 Honda CR80

Craigslist Post :

click

If any of you are in the Wilmington / Leland NC area and hunt or ride motorcycles please keep a lookout for my stolen motorcycles.

Well I'm sorry to say that I think this will be all for the boost controllers. I still have about 10 left so anyone interested shoot me a PM and I'll get it out to you. I would like to have them sold before I go but they are small enough to take with me if need be. I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and happy new year and thank you all for purchasing my little controllers over the years.

Take care
Brian

Last edited:

paul j

Best of luck to you Brian. Nice doing business with you and I am sure you will enjoy CA. Bummer about your bikes though. I hope they are found. Thieves should be treated like horse thieves of days gone by.

hiboost07

Hey Paul thanks and you guys can always hit me up anytime. If I can help any of you out in any way I will. Right now so many things happened all at once it hard to keep a clear head. I'm really pissed that the bikes got stolen because they weren't just something I bought and had sitting in the shed. I bought them as basket cases then totally rebuilt them. The time and effort involved in rebuilding them is what bothers me, that's what was really stolen. Then the fact that it was someone I let into my life and trusted who was involved in them getting stolen really bothers me. Where ever I go from here if I ever have another shop it will be locked down a whole lot better than this one was. If I can stress anything to you guys the best security is to not let anyone know what you have. The next best is get a few wireless cameras with motion sensors. There is no way anyone can deny they did it when you got their face on tape. Bottom line is its only stuff and when I get to Cali I'll go to work and can buy more stuff. I think the most important thing is I didn't get shot and didn't have to shoot anyone. I don't want to live with something like that. Ok, talk to you later

Brian

weesers

my dad got one of these a year ago for his vr4. he wound up not using it and loosing the directions. is there a link on how to set this up and adjust it? i have tried searching the forum but cant come up with anything.

hiboost07

Hey guys, its been a while and I'm selling off the last of the controllers. I'm temporarily here at my fathers in New Jersey until I get back into work again. I just want to offer the last of the controllers that I just found to the group.

The price on the last 6 controllers is lowered to a flat $45.00 shipped

I hate to say it but these are the last that will be made because all my equipment is packed into a 40' cargo container and will probably be there for several years until I figure out what I'm going to do with it.

Anyone interested email me and I'll get an invoice out to you.

Thanks for all the purchases over the years, you have all be great to work with.

Take care
Brian

hiboost07

BOOST CONTROLLERS ARE ALL SOLD

Whoever has one will probably own a little piece of Lower Shores Performance history because I don't think there will be any more of them getting made. It was great dealing with all of you and I hope you keep the turbos spooled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts