The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Kensington Grey 599/1000 Shell $1500 Las Vegas, NV

Lucas03ES

As the part out of my drivetrain is dwindling down, I still have the shell. Interior and exterior are still intact, and I haven't pulled any pieces out of it as I want to sell it whole. Comes with most of the underhood components minus Engine, trans, ECU. Has exhaust and fuel pump still in car. I will dump a TON of spare parts in to this car to make the sale go through, and to get rid of all of the dsm/gvr4 stuff I have! I will probably throw in $1,000+ worth of spare parts!!

599/1000
Kensington Grey (Only produced in 92)
Sunroof car
A/C was functional before I installed new motor, just never recharged. All parts are there
Interior carpet was replaced before I purchased the car
KYB AGK rear shocks
KYB GR-2 front struts
All leather is soft and in good shape (minus driver's seat, see below)
4 Wheel Steering fully removed (Have ALL parts needed except the lines, if you choose to reinstall)
5 lug swap with painted evo 8 Enkei rims with good tires (Will include all of my 4-lug stuff, including stock rims w/ good tires)
3-bolt LSD rear end
Rebuilt front steering rack (800 miles)
New front ball joints and tie rod ends
New brakes on all 4 corners
2 new calipers (1 front, 1 rear)
Short shifter w/ leather shift boot
B&M shift knob
3" turboback exhaust, magnaflow muffler, 1000 mile old Catalytic converter
ABS deleted properly (Lines and All ABS computers removed, replaced with non-abs Galant proportioning valve)
Tinted windows
Battery relocated to trunk, with high quality 1/0 battery cable
Every wire connection in the car I have done is soldered
Walboro intank 255 pump rewired with relay (800 miles)

BAD:
-Driver's seat has the stitch pulled apart, was told it is fixable by upholstery shop
-Dented in driver's front fender, no paint damage
-Dented by driver's rear fender, is fixable without too much effort, I have a replacement (NB) dogleg
-Mild sunfading on roof and hood (Had been garage kept past 4 years)

$1,500 OBO

e26c0c3c-f468-4f57-9baa-92c6ce4b9c33.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg

DSCN2088.jpg

1030090832.jpg

DSCN1761.jpg

strokin4dr

Good looking shell. GLWS

Lucas03ES

I do not have the exact mileage, but it is 144,XXX. I have owned it since it had 142,439 miles exactly haha. ZERO rust on the car, has always been on the west coast. I have the clean title in my name in hand. I have a printout of the autocheck report, and I can provide the VIN for a carfax report if desired. You can get a free carfax at www.geniusvin.com

I also have about 4 previous for sale ads for the car that I had searched for the car on google and printed out. Just figured it would be nifty to have. I have a 1" binder FULL of receipts for the car. Let me know if anyone has any more questions. I know this car extremely well inside and out, and I know I have forgotten a ton of information on it.

Lucas03ES

I was just visiting my friend at the hospital and he was calling me a ***** because I wouldn't own a Galant VR-4 again. I booted this website up for the first time in several years to look at the Cars for Sale section and this was the top post. I can say without a doubt that this car is 599/1000. I put my heart and soul in to that car and ended up selling it due to a motor blowing that I had spent years putting together, and being a broke college student. Makes me consider why I ever sold it and if I should give the gvr4 thing another go..

BLUELIGHTSBABY

The car was too rare to sale, you should have hung onto it, but if it went to anyother owner, who is going to restore it, then thats a good thing.

cab222

I can relate. Did the same thing. I sold mine realizing at a young age, what this car was, and at 18 I couldn’t keep mine alive the way I needed too. Long story short, sold it to someone else, and 10 years later bought a non rusty galant Vr4 that has been sitting for ten years, aaaaaand brought it back too life. Long story short, once you have owned one of these you need to own another one and keep it. Now that “we” are old enough to put the money into them and work on them “correctly” instead of jimmy rigging it’s a while different world. I never post but I feel the need to say buy another one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts