The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Kensington Grey 1992 GVR-4 (50/1000) Kansas City, MO $3,500 SOLD

jepherz

Staff member
Up for sale is my 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4. It is a 1992 model year with dash plaque 50/1000. Mileage is slightly over 120,000 (I will get exact mileage tomorrow).

I purchased this car back in 2009 from a small dealership in the heart of Kansas City, KS. The car did not run and was in bad need of a paint job as the clearcoat was baking off from sitting so long. The car originally came from Texas per the previous title The dealer had the car on his lot for years and had always planned to fix it up but I think time got the better of him and my interest was enough for him to let it go.

I restored the car, giving it a new Kensington Grey paint job and got it running again (timing belt had skipped and damaged the head). From there I daily drove the car for several years and eventually used it only as a winter car for the last 3 years. Kansas City generally gets 2-3 snowstorms per winter, so I didn't drive it too often. Beyond maintenance, the only mods I put on the car were a Talon steering wheel and Evo 8 suspension.

Years of daily driving the car took its toll. I kissed a dear with the front fender several winters ago (shown in pics). The fender being mis-aligned caught on the door and chipped some paint off (also in pics). The primer my friend gave me for the front of the car was not ideal and I believe this caused some surface rust to start bubbling up on the front edge of the hood, and the paint on the rear wing was never quite right so it is not installed but goes with the car.

I do have a lot of extras to go to the buyer. I have a full front passenger door and fender in case you decide not to use what's on there. The car also had tint on it at some point and when someone removed it they used a razor blade on the back window. This cut through the defrost lines and the defroster doesn't have many lines that work. I have a rear window that was cut from the body of 14u2nv's car before he crushed it. The car has a set of General snow tires with less than 4,000 miles on the stock wheels from my black '91 on it making it a beast in the winter. I also am including the stock '92 grey wheels that have tires but they are pretty dry-rotted. I also have a spare non-vr4 trunk with no spoiler holes that will be included in the sale.

If you are looking for a perfect car, this is NOT it. It runs and drives fine but needs some TLC to get back in to shape. If you are looking for a great base to start with, this most likely IS it. I would fix it back up myself but I've found that time quickly became more important to me than anything else and I'm trying to thin my herd of 7 vehicles so I can actually find time to work on a few of them.

I will be at my shop tomorrow and will grab some engine bay pics and pics of anything else. Shoot me a PM or post here with any questions you may have and I will gladly answer.

Last edited:

tombaman

How much are you asking?

jepherz

Staff member
My apologies. I was editing the title and accidentally removed it. Added it back in.

14u2nV

wish I would have decided sooner to get back into galants. I'm thinking of buying another before winter and yours was close. :p

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts