The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: JNZ Short Shifters Available!

DSSA

Thanks to a board member, we have a limited supply of parts to make shifters.

click

We have enough parts to build 4 (possibly 5)shifters.

As always, I prefer giving members here first shot at them before posting them on the regular DSM forums.

Pricing will revert back to the old "complete" shifter pricing of $145 for the shifter. If you want the upper stalk shortened as well, it will be $35 extra.

I'm going to put these up here until Tuesday, 01/14/14 and if there are any left, then I'll advertise them on the DSM forums.

If you want one, or have questions, please call the shop (215)997-6850 or email us directly @ [email protected] as I'm only on the board every couple of days.

Thanks!

Josh

Fiascoxl

I want one but I have a question for anyone that has one of these. What is better suited the shortened shifter or the stock height shifter? Anyone with experience or has one please chime in, I am ready to purchase one of these asap!

conradical

I have a shifter from a 94 3000GT and wasn't sure if I should get it short or just leave it at the stock height. Are there any pics out there of the difference and what would the price be if I sent you the shifter?

4thStroke

I couldn't stand the OEM DSM shifter, so when I went with the JNZ shifter, I opted for the taller one. I've always liked a taller shifter with a short throw.

DSSA

The aspect of the shorter upper throw is pretty much a personal preference thing.

Your hand is obviously going to be resting about 1" lower than your current shifter, and the throw reduction is going to be similar (the real reduction is BELOW the shifter, but shortening above the pivot will reduce throw a bit as well.)

I'm giving fair warning here: We're already down to two of these left in less than 24 hours. If you want one, or are on the fence and have questions, please call the shop @ 215-997-6850 as I'm doubting these remaining will last the day. Paul will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Thanks again!

Josh

89Mirageman

Glad to see these are being put to good use. I'll grab more if I see any pop up Josh.

strokin4dr

Quoting 4thStroke:
I couldn't stand the OEM DSM shifter, so when I went with the JNZ shifter, I opted for the taller one. I've always liked a taller shifter with a short throw.

I agree. I recently pulled the dsm shifter out and pull a JNZ short throw with stock length in. Personal preference but I love the way it sits and feels now!

DSSA

And then there was one...

I'll be compiling the list of who wants what at the end of the day and cranking these out to spec.

I'll update the thread once this last one is gone.

Thanks, as always guys!

Josh

EMX5636

I love my stock height one. Doesn't feel like I have to reach at all for any gear. Very nice height/position.

coyotes

They're all gone now anyway, but I am curious, what are the benefits of these over a standard 1g shifter assembly? That is what I have in my VR4 right now, and it seems pretty short.. but I have felt it compounds the notchy nature of our transmissions.

turbowop

The 1g shifter doesn't shorten the actual throw of the shifts, just places the top of the shifter lower. These shorten the actual throw, below the boot. It's a big difference. If you ever get a chance to meet up, I'll let you play with my shifter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

strokin4dr

I rode in Mark's galant while in Yakima but I didn't play with his shifter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Whoodoo

Quoting Fiascoxl:
I want one but I have a question for anyone that has one of these. What is better suited the shortened shifter or the stock height shifter? Anyone with experience or has one please chime in, I am ready to purchase one of these asap!

FWIW here is info from when I made the same shifter for my car. I shortened the upper lever arm and it is night and day for feel, especially with my weighted 2g knob.

turbowop

Quoting strokin4dr:
I rode in Mark's galant while in Yakima but I didn't play with his shifter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Actually, back then I still had the 1g DSM shifter.

DSSA

Quoting OneMoreVR4:
ill take the last one. make it a shorty please

If you're a definite about this, please email us at [email protected] or give the shop a ring @ 215-997-6850.

Josh

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned