The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Intrepid Coil On Plug setup (COP) - $100 - SOLD

belize1334

COP setup made with intrepid coils.

Wired with my own design which charges the first coil on each channel in reverse so that when they fire the two coils make a closed circuit. In theory this is better than the usual design and should give stronger, more consistent spark. In practice I can't tell the difference, it's at least as good as the more common wiring method.

To run you should get a roll of high-temp electrical tape to wrap the loom and seal it all up. Other than that, it's completely plug and play. I had it running in my galant for about a year with ZERO issues (aside from my own stupidity on one occasion). The car idles smooth and pulled 20psi on my 16g without a hint of breakup or hesitation.

Last edited:

mikus

if I didnt just buy a fancy cover I'd be all over it, cheap price and certifiable seller

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned