The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: HX-40 (Complete Set-Up) and Accessories

Chim55117

I've decided to change the set-up on my car and take my project a whole different direction, so I am putting up a bunch of parts on my car for sale. Shipping to be figured out on a part to part basis.

Holset HX-40 Pro Billet 7-Blade BEP bolt on housing (bolts directly to factory style exhaust manifold flanges) was rebuilt by Diesel Components in Blaine, MN. I've run it for less than 3 miles, and maybe an hour worth of idling. My friend who had it before me on the local forum said this is the most desirable HX-40 combo. He made roughly ~550WHP on it, and I was planning to do the same (have some of his old dyno graphs if someone is interested).- $750

Primo Performance Custom Fabricated O2 Housing to 3" V-Band, Tial 38MM Wastegate - $350

Modified 6 Bolt Oil Pan/Oil Drain in -19AN for Holset - $100

Mishimoto 3 core Civic "race" Radiator w/12" SPAL Fan (has only seen idle time, and 3 miles of driving. Beautiful custom made bracket comes as well. - $250

FP "Red" Oil Feed Restrictor + stainless steel feed line - $60

Huge Spearco Core (trapdoor style) with 2.5" powdercoated black piping, and a 3" GM MAF w/MAFT Translator and all couplers and fittings (does not come with BOV, but is flanged for a stock style BOV) - $650

These are individual prices for all the items, but if someone is interested in purchasing the entire set-up (everything above) and installing it into their VR-4, I can cut them a deal, as well as provide consultation on how to install the setup into their own VR-4.

Items are pictured below, and the in the picture is also how your engine bay will look if purchase the whole set from me as a whole. Thinking about the keeping the FP exhaust manifold, but willing to let it go if someone is interested in taking the whole setup from me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks,

- Stephen

Last edited:

blackvr4

You have any more pictures of the radiator installed? Mainly clearance between turbo and rad, I have a bolt on hx35 just wanna make sure this thing fits my set up.

Chim55117

Regarding the radiator, it's a very, very, very, tight fit, unless you do what I did. We cut back a little bit of the area where the stock radiator sits, and mounted our Civic radiator at an angle (not easily seen in the picture) and then we cut and moved the factory radiator mount on the bottom a few inches over. A slim fan is required, or you'll end up hitting the factory fan on the compressor housing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned