The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: GVR4 34/1000 $7000 heavily modded in woodbridge, va.

Price Range: $6000-$7000
Details:
ok folks i have galant vr4 here with tons of goodies. straight to the point,
2.4L stroker motor fully built from top to bottom including the head lightly ported (valve springs and retainers and HKS 272 cams) motor has 1600 miles on it no smoke at all
fluidyne radiator, Big Intercooler, Magnus intake manifold, 880cc injectors
SCM61 turbo with ported evo 3 manifold and O2 housing
3'' exhaust and downpipe
also has a built TRE tranny with ACT clutch
Sparco seats and steering wheel
Car also has wilwood big brakes and 17'' RS limited wheels
lowering springs and AGX shocks all the way around
car was tuned on AEM as well

I have been driving this car as a daily driver for 3 weeks and is not quite what i need as a DD for my newborn so im getting a new car. so im selling this for 7000 im willing to take things out of car to lower price for example if I keep aem i will replace with eprom ecu to lower price to 6000. so message me or call me at 7039875059 thanks craig

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdstrikedsm

Damn good price!! I would try e-bay or another market such as the evo crowd if you have no luck here.

thanks guys i know price is great and unreal i just want a evo 10 so bad while the mrs. approves lol just because the new baby on the way

RACER-X

I would like to make you an offer but I just purchased a 93 GSX for $6,500 and if I spent another $7,000 on a 2nd VR-4 my wife would be my become my ex-wife in the not so distant future LOL Nice car though.

I was wondering how much boost you were running. My GSX came with a griffin big core and both upper and lower 3 1/2" I/C pipes are on the same side. My intake pipe is routed down instead of in stock location because I have a catch can there, so my GT35r turbo car is not driven in the wet. Intake pipe actually runs under the I/C piping so its literally 8 to 12 inches from the ground. I thought about running a filter like yours that I saw for sale at Advanced Auto Parts, but I was wondering if it would hinder performance by restricting since its a small filter and so close to the turbo.

Hittman

Bump for a local VR4 (and DSM-er) that I didn't know about...

I hail from the not to distant sticks of Nokesville.

Awesome setup!

Last edited:

UPDATE: more info to help all the PMs 2.4L stroker with pauter rods and Ross pistons crower valve springs and retainers. THANKS

MMorgan

This car is the one used to run the #10 spot on dsmtimes for galant vr-4. It used to be top 5 if I remember right when it was done all those years ago. Bump

creeping_death

How many miles on the chassis? leaks,wrecks? Any rot/major rust concerns? If you take the aem out will you be able to have it tuned and running good on the optional setup? Any issues with tranny/engine? Umm... will it pass inspection? Thanks.

the chassis now has around 129xxx miles on it now, zero leaks or wrecks. no rot r rust inside or out. i have taken the aem out of the car and have had it tuned on the eprom ecu with ostrich, so its not chipped you can still tune the car like aem. with the eprom the car starts up very easy and fast not like aem. the shifter cable needs to be adjusted but still drives fine, just for cleaner shifts they would need to be adjusted. motor is in excellent condition the only thing i would recommend is to get breathers drilled into the valve cover. it has already passed inspection here in va.

if any buyers are worried about the trans and u are a serious buyer i will get the trans looked over fully no problem at all. a small deposit will be asked nothing to outrageous. just let me know what u think guys

Ian M

Quote:
This car is the one used to run the #10 spot on dsmtimes for galant vr-4. It used to be top 5 if I remember right when it was done all those years ago.

Marty Grand's old car. Went 11.20's at 126 or so, IIRC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:

mgrand34

I hated to let the car go but with all the scca racing in the Evo these days, I just didnt have time for ol 34. I can answer some of the questions. The trans works great and is a fully built TRE with the 4 gear spider center diff, it has a brand new act clutch kit and chromoly flywheel. It has a 4 bolt rear end as well. The motor was brand new when I sold it.
When I ran the 11.20, that was with the car not fully tuned, I went to the track for a shake down that day. It easily has a 10 in it if thats what youre looking for.
Below is a list I put together, but there is likely more that I forgot. List does not include labor or price of car.

1992 Galant VR-4

Mods

-4 bolt rear
-ACT 2800 clutch 350.00
-ACT flywheel 200.00
-TRE built trans with 4 gear spider diff 3,100.00
-AEM EMS-tuned by BBrooks 1,200.00
-Spearco FMIC and piping kit 500.00
-880cc injectors 300.00
-Bosch fuel pump 180.00
-HKS 272 cams 400.00
-Altenator relocation kit 180.00
-Sparco Steering wheel 200.00
-Sparco Roadster seats (2) 1200.00
-Eibach springs 200.00
-AGX adjustable struts 300.00
-WIllwood 6 piston front calipers big brake kit 1400.00
-Wheels, black 17inch 600.00
-AMS downpipe-stainless 250.00
-3 inch cat back stainless exh 400.00
-Aluminum radiator 200.00
-Turbo SCM61 with anti surge-Brand new 1000.00
-Evo III ported Exhaust Manifold 250.00
-Magnus aluminum intake manifold 350.00
-Motor 4G64-built by BBrooks hmm 3000.00
-Pauter rods
-Ross Pistons

Total .......................................................................................

thanks Marty for clearing that up. Trust me, me and the wife were just talking about the car Friday night. If its not sold for the asking price im gonna keep it and deal with the space issue, and just track the car. Whatcha think

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts