The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Group buy GSC cams DSM/EVO

Kenny_Kline

Running a special on GSC cams. S1, S2, S3 for DSM or EVO. $500 shipped to your door brand new from GSC. You wont find a better price or a better performing cam for the price. These cams will outperform those old school HKS 272 from 15-50whp depending on your turbo/setup. If there is any interest, email [email protected] That would be the best way to get a set. We run them in most the cars we modify here and have great results.

We are running a set in a GVR4 now on a PTE 5858. I will update this thread with dyno numbers when we put on the dyno today.

Mods if this isnt allowed I am sorry. Just figure id offer a sweet deal to some GVR4 members.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Did they get a different supplier for their cores? The set I ordered two years ago had terrible fitment and after a few phone calls and e-mails they admitted that all of their DSM/early Evo cams have that same issue.

Kenny_Kline

That was 4 years ago. And... It wasn't just GSC. They used the same cores as Kelford and a few others. This has long been corrected. I've installed 3 sets myself with no issues!

tektic

I had no issue with my Gscs s1 ordered and installed beginning of lastyear

CutlassJim

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
That was 4 years ago. And... It wasn't just GSC. They used the same cores as Kelford and a few others. This has long been corrected. I've installed 3 sets myself with no issues!

Gah now I want a set to replace my 264's.....

Kenny_Kline

I dont remember the numbers but it could of done better. Couldnt really push it because bottom end is stock and compression numbers are in the 130-140 range and with a little oil it bumps up to 180-190 so the 20+ year old rings and ring lands arent in the best of shape but this 5858 turbo with HKS cams on E85 on another 1G made 505 @ 38psi. This galant made something like 360-370 around 24psi on pump gas so already on pace to do E85 numbers on pump gas. But we couldnt really go crazy. Car didnt like 30psi range, to much blow by. So dialed it down to be safe. Will have to wait until the next install. Here is a link to a few pics

click

presterone

I've driven from here in Maine to several Dyno days at Dynotech tuning. Great work you guys do and all in all great place to have around for mitsu guys or any car person in general. Brian's evo must be coming along good its been a while sincxe I've seen it.

Kenny_Kline

Yeah the evo hasn't made a whole lot of progress, but its getting there. Still needs a engine wiring harness made up for the pro efi then it should fire up. Everything else is there, its just the matter of finishing it but things are so busy, customers before personal. My motor has been on a stand for over a year now. Here is the way the car sits... not sure when the last time you seen it

There is a dyno day this Sunday "Black Japan meet" if you want to swing through. Should be pretty decent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned