The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

clipse90gsx

i got mine. it didnt take long to get it eiter. i havnt tried to put it one yet. im waiting to get it painted first. should i try it and let you know?

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Yes you should .

Tre3zy

hey raul so where is this hood located???? is it says that your from sf CA so i was wondering if i order on from you if i could just pick it up....

THEKID

Quoting Terry Posten:
OK, I would like to know:

Who ordered a hood from this group buy?

Did you get it?

How long did it take to get it after paying for it?

Did it fit? (And I mean really fit. Body lines lining up at the cowl, proper slope down to the front lip matching the fender lines, flat surface, etc...)

If you had issues with your order, what were they?

Thank you.

terry i ordered a hood and a trunk

it took a month and a half to get the hood and it took almost 3 months to get the trunk

i had alot of communication issues with my order

and as for fitment i havent tried to really fit the hood the trunk fits and i have only laid the hood on the car and it seems to fit. my biggest problem ios the quality of these parts. i am going to have to paint them before i put them on my car there is no way i can put them on as is. there are dimples in the hood that will have to be filled. and almost all the edges on the hood and trunk are rough and look hidious. also on the hood where the vents are located the hood has a wave in it and some of the vents them selves are not even straight.

if i could do it all over again i would definatley not order these parts from raul. the money would have been better spent else where. i never made a bad guy thread cause i thought i was the only one that had major problems but now i see that i was not.

Quoting Terry Posten:
OK, I would like to know:

Who ordered a hood from this group buy?

Did you get it?

How long did it take to get it after paying for it?

Did it fit? (And I mean really fit. Body lines lining up at the cowl, proper slope down to the front lip matching the fender lines, flat surface, etc...)

If you had issues with your order, what were they?

Thank you.

I got a hood. Still plan to get a trunk but a few other things with the car are taking precedence.

I paid for the hood and it arrived to me in less than 14 days. I just remember shipping was fast and they also provided me with a tracking number. Even though I paid for ins I was happy to see that they were smart to protect the corners with wood.

Yes it fits. On my car it is a bit closer to the drivers side fender up by the windshield, than the pass side. But remember my car had been dismantled for paint once before so.....

I think the hood may be short in width (I'm talking mm's), left to right, but the slope is spot on and front to back are good.

No issues and they communicated well via email.

I have a question for Kamil, anyone at Hirev, or anyone else familiar with composites. I have cut my hood for the hood pin device. Now what type of silicone or sealant do I use that will keep the hood from cracking and stand the test of time and water?

JSchleim18

My hood came in to JFK airport Saturday. Hood should be at my house once I get home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

clipse90gsx

Quoting Terry Posten:
Yes you should .

i got to test fit it about a week ago. it fit pretty good. kinda off alil on the gaps and sits a lil high

Terry Posten

My first hood was junk. They took it back and sent me a new one. Took about 2 weeks for the first one but 2 months for the second.

The second one is too short. When lined up on the front of the car, the rear of the hood is about 1/2" too short at the fender lines at the cowl. The vents are decent but the back end was pushed down too far when glued on and forces the hood down. The weave is decent but the overall hood is not flat. In the sun or under good lighting, you can clearly see the uneven surface. The surface is smooth, just not flat. Lots of dips. The window washer spots are not cut out but you can clearly see the outline of the original holes. Great if you want to install yours but not so good if to want to keep it clean.

The hood does latch but don't even think about using this hood without hood pins. Without the pins, the hood does not sit flush across the headlight area so pins are needed to not only keep the hood from blowing up but also keep it "lined" up.

I did have to loosen up both fenders and adjust the gap along the hood seams to make it close.

The hood hinge bolt holes on both hoods are not true. The bolts do not screw straight in. Makes it very hard to get all 4 bolts in and then when you tighten up the bolts, it feels like your going to crush or rip the threads right out. Very hard to get then tight without hurting something.

In all, it is a hood that is perfect for a racer or someone that wants to be a ricer. If your plan is to paint it and have a super clean look, stay with real Mitsu parts.

Here is the part that is really hard to get past. If it was not for this, the hood would be a good option. When you look directly down on the hood at the cowl, you can see the hinges. The hood line does not line up with the fender line. Both hoods were like this so it must be a mold issue.

Thank you for the detailed review Terry. I was interested in the hood, but this clearly isn't worth my $600.

Last edited by a moderator:

THEKID

its not even worth the 480 i paid. junk

Kid, how did you get a hood for 480? Used?

I wouldn't consider the hood junk. These are not oem quality parts, they are from a small manufacture. The more steps and more attention to detail means a higher cost for us. There was bound to be some imperfections that we would need to overcome or just deal with.

It does what is it supposed to. Cover the engine, lighter than factory and allows heat to escape and thats why I bought it.

DailyDSM

Quoting Terry Posten:
My first hood was junk. They took it back and sent me a new one. Took about 2 weeks for the first one but 2 months for the second.

The second one is too short. When lined up on the front of the car, the rear of the hood is about 1/2" too short at the fender lines at the cowl. The vents are decent but the back end was pushed down too far when glued on and forces the hood down. The weave is decent but the overall hood is not flat. In the sun or under good lighting, you can clearly see the uneven surface. The surface is smooth, just not flat. Lots of dips. The window washer spots are not cut out but you can clearly see the outline of the original holes. Great if you want to install yours but not so good if to want to keep it clean.

The hood does latch but don't even think about using this hood without hood pins. Without the pins, the hood does not sit flush across the headlight area so pins are needed to not only keep the hood from blowing up but also keep it "lined" up.

I did have to loosen up both fenders and adjust the gap along the hood seams to make it close.

The hood hinge bolt holes on both hoods are not true. The bolts do not screw straight in. Makes it very hard to get all 4 bolts in and then when you tighten up the bolts, it feels like your going to crush or rip the threads right out. Very hard to get then tight without hurting something.

In all, it is a hood that is perfect for a racer or someone that wants to be a ricer. If your plan is to paint it and have a super clean look, stay with real Mitsu parts.

Here is the part that is really hard to get past. If it was not for this, the hood would be a good option. When you look directly down on the hood at the cowl, you can see the hinges. The hood line does not line up with the fender line. Both hoods were like this so it must be a mold issue.

Does anyone know if the USDM and JDM fenders are different? That could explain why the hood doesn't line up with the USDM fenders, especially considering it appears to be off equally on both sides.

turbowop

Considering that my factory JDM hood lines up perfectly with my USDM fenders, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they're the same.

Ralli380Gvr4

How are the trunks fitting?

Sean92AWD

My hood fit pretty good. I will never buy another trunk though. 5 hours of drilling and cutting and my center light section still didnt fit.

NateCrisman

Did you weight the CF trunk vs the stock trunk?

THEKID

Quoting 3of1000:
Kid, how did you get a hood for 480? Used?

I wouldn't consider the hood junk. These are not oem quality parts, they are from a small manufacture. The more steps and more attention to detail means a higher cost for us. There was bound to be some imperfections that we would need to overcome or just deal with.

It does what is it supposed to. Cover the engine, lighter than factory and allows heat to escape and thats why I bought it.

i bought it brand new from hi rev my mistake i hit the wrong key i paid $580. and as i said the finish work is shoty i have many rough edges and dimples in the hood i paid for a hood that was said to be "quality" and now i have to break out the duraglass and fix all the imperfections. i am just going to have to paint the hood. i haven't been able to fit the hood as my car has been in pieces for quite some time. the trunk fits good for my application. as i am not using the factory hinges i am doing a custom mounted setup for my trunk. i just hope the hood fits good as long as it fits good i can deal with it but i feel that every interested buyer should know what "quality" these hoods are.

as far as them being a small operation that means nothing to me. my buisness consist of myself and one other person and every motor we build and every car we tune leaves flawless.

case in point curtis is a one man show and i can with out a doubt say his quality of work is some of the best work out there.

every job you do and every part you sell reflects your business. as a business you can do a million great jobs but it only takes one bad job to turn your reputation into a bad one. people sometimes forget the good jobs you might do but they will NEVER forget the one bad job.

Lonewolf64

So, can anyone tell me if this is dead? I know that crankwalk has experienced problems, but has anyone heard anything or had any contact with Kamil? Why does this have to happen right as I'm about to buy a damn hood!

strokin4dr

I have put a deposit down on a hood and now can't get in touch with them.

Lonewolf64

I made contact with Kamil. I wrote an email to his address and got a response within 2-3 hours. Apparently he was unaware of the situation. I made light of the fact that crankwalk was double charged and that strokin4dr has not yet received any updates or a hood since putting down a deposit. I have asked for Kamil to log on to the forums to update everyone and hopefully clear up all the confusion regarding the current situation. It sounds to me like bad miscommunication and not a scam though. I have also asked if hoods are still available and Kamil is checking with his manufacturer to see if they still have the mold and are capable of producing more hoods.

Hopefully we will hear from Kamil in the next few days.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts