The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS/FT, KS: 1999 Eclipse Spyder GST $5k

I am selling my 1999 Eclipse Spyder GST, car has 159k miles on it. Original motor and completely stock and runs like a champ.

Good:
Car runs like it's brand new
It's pretty damn quick
Body is in great shape
Super rare completely stock DSM
Rare black leather interior
It's a vert I mean 'nuff said

Bad:
Driver's side window motor assembly is missing one roller, still goes up and down
Convertible top needs belt replaced, you need to manually put top up and down until belts replace
One dent on rear drivers quarter panel.

Since its super rare to find a 2g eclipse in good shape, not to mention never molested I am asking 5k obo. I would consider trades for something else of equal or greater value just ask. You can text me at 203 308 8385

Last edited by a moderator:

4wheelsqueal

Guess I'm confused as to what belt needs to be replaced for the top to work. Completely rebuild my sypder last winter and don't remember a belt having anything to do with the top function. I think I have a roller for the side window if you're looking to fix yours. Glws

Oh ok, the guy I bought it from told me there was a belt that connected to the motor and it was over stretched. I never got around to looking at it as moving the top by hand is so simple. Maybe it needs a new top motor then, Ill have to tear into it now when I get a chance.

4wheelsqueal

Have one laying around, can't remember which side it was. Not too difficult to take out. If the one I have is what you need, you can have it really cheap. Checked it when I put my new top in and it worked fine. Fyi there is a motor on each side of the top, behind the rear speakers.

Last edited:

Cool, Ill have to check it out. Id like to do it this weekend but I just had a procedure done on me knee and I am kinda useless right now so hopefully Ill be up and about come the weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts