The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS/FT: 1990 GSX Atlanta GA $5500 OBO

Okay, I think I had a thread here a while back but due to so many changes, Im just going to make a new one. Hope thats okay :rock: .

Selling my 1990 GSX.

200,7xx on the clock but it is daily driven so that slowly climbs.
Longblock and Tranny rebuilt at 183,000 (17,7xx and climbing slowly due to DD) with stock parts by a reputable local guy. He has rebuilt 6-8 4g63t's and none have failed. If you want to see what he can do, go over to gadsm.org and search for Vinman. He is very good at assembling these motors.

Car was also painted at the time. It is a stock variation of the champagne, I think its the stock color in a GM paint code.

I love this car so much, It has been my pride and joy since the day Ive owned it. Due to work, bowling, and other things going on in my life, I feel like its not getting the attention it loves, and Im not sure I have the time to devote to it anymore.

The PTE SCM 5031 needs a rebuild. It was on my car for a short while, but burned a TON of oil. I pulled off my UICP and low and behold lots of oil. Pulled the turbo off, took it apart, blown seals. Alex at PTE quoted me $180 to replace seals and bearings, so for $180 you will have a like new PTE SCM 5031e. Great turbo, can put down great numbers. The guy I bought it from showed me a video of his buddy trapping 115 on pump gas and 22psi on this turbo. Its very capable as Im sure you all know. It comes with a 14b and a spare exhaust housing (the exhaust housing on the 14b is cracked). I will also toss in all DSM parts I can find as Im looking to get out of the game for a while. Stock parts, random parts, whatever I can find.

The only issues I have is FMIC is off center (meh, just bugs me, just need to toy with the pipes it will get centered no problem) and needs o2 sensor. Im sure it has boost leaks since we didnt get to test it after we put the 14b back on, so that would need to be addressed if not already addressed. Car runs great though, just sputters until warm and gets poor gas mileage due to that bad o2.

Asking price is $5500 OBO or trade. Even since the last thread, I have put alot of time and money into this thing. It has been a great DD for the year Ive had it, and it will make someone a very happy owner. Im sure all it needs to get into the 11's is a good solid dyno tune and some race gas (and of course the PTE rebuilt).

As far as trades, looking for a nice sedan/suv/maybe even a truck, just depends. I was thinking something like a mid 90's BMW/Audi, something along those lines, but I will listen to all offers. Cash is very very very welcome as well. Not REALLY looking for another DSM, but Ill listen to GVR4 offers. No more TEL's for me.

You can PM me, Email me at [email protected] (please mention that you saw it here), or IM - theycallmepatty . Please contact me there if you have specific questions or pics requests, and if you do not agree with the price. Please do not negotiate in the thread, it is much appreciated.

Mods:

Exhaust/Intake:
PTE SCM 5031
HKS SSQV (Recirculated)
FMIC
3’’ TBE w/ Megan Racing Muffler (No Cat)
2g Exhaust Manifold
2g O2 Housing
Web Cams Street Grind Cams 546/547
Unorthodox Racing Cam Gears
Hard Intake Pipe w/ 2g MAS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuel:
AEM UEGO Wideband
PTE 680’s
Walbro 255 High Pressure
Aeromotive AFPR
SAFC2

Suspension/Wheels:
Eibach Sportline's
Exel 17x7.5 Wheels
Kumho Ecsta 711 Tires
KYB AGX Shocks

Other
ProSport Boost/Oil Pressure Gauges
DSMChips.com Stage 3 Chip
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
Greddy Profec B Spec 2
Prothane Motor Mounts
No Balance Shafts

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bueller? Bueller?

Looking for a GVR4 now... Ive got my eyes on one locally but Im not sure on it yet....

Please show me the part where your car is worth $5000 more than mine?!?! I looked at your userpage, and I must be missing something. I must not see the 2.3 and gt35r with AEM. Thats gotta be a joke.

Rausch

edit: nvm
bump nice looking ride.

Quote:
Please show me the part where your car is worth $5000 more than mine?!?! I looked at your userpage, and I must be missing something. I must not see the 2.3 and gt35r with AEM. Thats gotta be a joke.

Your right it doesn't have a 2.3 and it never will....they are a waste of money....you don't see the fastest 4g63's in the world with stroker motors do you? And as far as my turbo goes I dont have a GT35R either but my green should get you mid 11's. Only reason I haven't hit it yet is because I've only been to the track once with the car and didn't turn the boost all the way up.

And yes it was kinda a joke. I'm not really getting rid of my car but if I was I probably would want a car like yours and $4,000-$5,000 for it.

and if you want to see my full list of mods check the members ride section...its probably the first car on the list. It has alot more then I put in my user page.

Free bump for a nice car!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts