The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: ESS AMT 1C, $550. You classic audio guys know about these

Scott Y

I've got my cherished ESS AMT 1C's on Denver Craigslist.
If you like speakers that produce a big wall of sound and can shake the plaster off the walls, here they are.

The text of the craigslist ad :
The speakers perform faultlessly. The grills are original and are in great condition, no rips or sags which is very rare for ESS AMT speakers. A sonic restoration was done a few years ago where the 12" passives were replaced, the 12" drivers' surrounds were replaced, and the HEIL diaphrams were replaced with the updated versions.
If you know about ESS HEILs, you know how wonderful these speakers are. This pair is in very nice condition, especially considering their age. They are big and heavy, so I would rather not ship them. I hope they can find a loving home that will care for them as much as we did.
For another $250, I can include another HEIL driver paired with a non-ESS center channel speaker; this was the front 3 channels of my home theater and it sounds absolutely incredible. Additionally, I have parts like crossovers/drivers/passives that can be included at extra cost.
Reason for selling: Our house is being remodelled and the new layout does not include room for these speakers; I have to move to a sub/sat system.
Please contact with me any questions, I am happy to talk about these speakers anytime.

JNR

Ah, ESS....damn, I had a chance to get a pair of those for like $50 in 2001 but would've had to pay shipping and turned it down...wish I hadn't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Good luck with the sale; they made some nice speakers!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned