The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: EPROM Chip Burner $30.00 (Sold)

pot

Staff member
FS is an EPROM chip burner. I acquired this item when I purchased 893/1000 in 2007. I am oblivious to the make/model type etc of this unit. It has been collecting dust ever since and I would rather part with it than see it sit.

My price is $30.00 shipped to your door via USPS "Standard Mail." Sorry, this item is CONUS only. I accept payment via PayPal to [email protected]

*Item come with several blank chips ready to burn.

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
Do you have any more information on it? I received it along w/ the purchase of 893 from a gentlemen who said he either knew or worked w/ a "Dorris" from ECMtuning. How does it work, who makes it, etc? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

EHmotorsports

Might try contacting Thomas Dorris from ecmtuning.

jepherz

Staff member
What kind of info are you looking for? It's just a simple, cheap eeprom programmer honestly. I have one on my desk at home I used for the chips in DSM ecus. I could wrangle up the software if someone needs that.

click

click

The problem is the programmer uses a parallel port. I haven't ever tried a usb to parallel port adapter, but no PC these days comes with a parallel port. You'd have to have a desktop circa early 2000's with XP on it to get it to work. Note, the USB port on the programmer is JUST FOR POWER, as I recall, if that one even has a USB port...

Maybe said Dorris fellow did remote tuning for the previous owner, sent the .bin fines, and PO just burned the chips and did some logging?

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
Wow, that is very helpful information. I appreciate it. Quite frankly, I didn't know what the heck it was or how it worked but I only remembered what the owner of 893 told me. Thanks again for those two links. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Looks like this is the exact model I have, which works with DSM eeproms. Note it says "Legacy model" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

click

The more modern version with USB support is probably something like this:

click

Wow, they really hiked up the price on that one though!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned