The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Custom Galant VR-4 Shift knobs round 2. Updated 1st post! Pay by 2/28

prove_it

I don't get how I got mine already. Got it weeks ago.

jnava

Staff member
Got mine May 24th, nearly two months so there has been shipments on different dates if Prove It received his a few weeks ago.

gvr4473

yea an im way closer than texas man mine should have been here before mostly anyones in reality i just wanna get it an install the damn thing lol even tho i cant drive it right now cuz the turbo went out im about to score a mhi e316g

SteveDSM

Even though they weren't sent out in any particular order, I was one of the first to pay, yet STILL have yet to receive mine. Sorry Abe, but this is getting insane! He also said he was sending mine out well over a month ago, and still nothing, with no correspondence after that. All I want is my shift knob... pretty sad I ordered it while I was still on the other side of the globe, and have been back stateside for almost 3 months now, yet still haven't received it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LIV4PSI

He posted on FB that he is selling his VR4 and leaving the community

prove_it

Quoting jnava:
Got mine May 24th, nearly two months so there has been shipments on different dates if Prove It received his a few weeks ago.

Hmm, maybe it was in May. Time flys. I know I was in the first round. I'm sure Juan and I's were sent together.

gvr4473

so if he is selling his vr4 an leaving the community does that mean that we wont be getting our shift knobs? i havnt seen any post from him

SteveDSM

And he has yet to respond to me on Facebook /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

VR4Head

i received mine about one month ago and am in New Zealand. It sucks for the people that haven't received there's yet . Mine also came with a dent in it which i am a bit pissed off about.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Another GVR4.org group buy for the books...

nxtAjnh.gif

LIV4PSI

Maybe he will come through. I thought he sounded full of lies this first round. His excuses are just more of the same.
You should of should put his "proprietary info" on blast Brett

GSTwithPSI

Put his sh*t on blast? I did, and everyone got butt hurt. Every time this thread pops up with someone else saying they didn't get their knob it just pisses me off. I asked Abe to cut himself out as the middle man, and to share his design with the community so people could go straight to the manufacturer and buy his design. As soon as I did, everyone jumped my ass, telling me how fucked up I was because he was helping out the community by doing a group buy. I wasn't trying to make waves, just put forth a better idea for people who wanted knobs; so I removed the website to where you can buy the knobs, and left the thread. You can read about it here if you don't believe me: click

Instead of listening to what I had to say, he went ahead and did another group buy just like the first. I get that sh*t happens, but the guy is ordering parts to fix his car with all the money you all paid him to ship your knobs, and those words came straight out of his mouth:

Quoting JCorbo25:
Quoting Abe:

Hey bud, Yeah, I have had them all in all ready to ship, all labeled and such. What I meant by last shipment, was the shipment I was supposed to sent last, but I wasn't due to financial reasons. Sorry I haven't been active much on the board, I've been crazy busy. And I was going to ship it a few days ago, but my galant no longer runs. I blew something as I only have 30psi compression in the cylinders, so I ordered parts and unfortunately have been getting rides to work. This fri-sat night I requested off to tear it apart and inspect it. I have a hg and bolts and misc stuff Im hoping will cover it for now. Once I get it up and running I'll be able to ship them out. I am sorry for the delay, but I have them all on my desk ready to ship, I just haven't been able to

I don't have anything nice to add, I'm frustrated at this point.

The dude may have conducted a semi-successful group buy the first time, but he's currently screwing plenty of members who paid their hard earned money this time around. And IMO, there's no reason for it. Even if they do get their knobs, this whole thing could have been avoided. Not to mention, Abe's got other commitments to fill, such as getting Mark the emblem he was promised.

This whole thing is none of my business really, as I didn't buy a knob, nor am I owed anything by Abe. My issue here is I tried to put forth a solution to the community, and to Abe in order to avoid the exact situation. As soon as I did, I got bitched out for it by him AND some members of the community. That was after the first group buy had its fair share of delays. Not to mention, Abe was putting up ads titled Getting broke again. FS: Dynatek ARC-2 . I felt like something like this was going to happen and did my best to warn against it.

This is the site I originally posted, and is the site where Abe ordered your knobs from. In the future, if anyone wants a knob, go to this website: click

I'm sorry if I come across like a dick about this whole situation, but is is extremely frustrating for me. I can only image how frustrating it is for the members who are owed money and parts.

I sincerely care about the people here who are affected, and hope everyone gets the merchandise they paid for (and in good condition). Maybe Juan can talk to Abe, and make him aware of the gravity of the situation. I believe that excuse after excuse has ruined his reputation, and any confidence anyone had in him fulfilling his promises of shipping out the knobs that are owed. If I were owed, I would take action with Paypal or whatever means necessary to recoup my losses. I would strongly advise against waiting on Abe to make good on his promises. But, that's just me...

gvr4473

well hopefully they come in soon or get shipped soon if i would have knows about the site i would have just orderd my own

JCorbo25

jnava - thanks for the updates and help.

My big concern is he's not updating anyone about the status. He obviously has these things ready to go but doesn't have money for shipping. He also continues to have costs come up, like the recent headgasket and timing belt failure on his Galant VR4. I know he says he went through some financial sh*t and times are tough for him, but that doesn't excuse his responsibility. Seriously, he's had these knobs for months.

It keeps sounding horribly petty to file a 'late' paypal claim or sue the guy over a shift knob that he just refuses to ship. He's essentially just taking a forced loan from us for our shipping costs.

I'm seriously debating having him ship me everything he has via my own FedEx account so we can shut down this thread and be done with it all.

Last edited:

gvr4473

i agree an im a lil pisted because the fact we have all paid shipping an i have been waiting along with others for months i just want my shift knob an to be done with it.

jnava

Staff member
I can only do so much guys. I'm sorry.

prove_it

In interest of helping everyone out, I'm willing to donate 10 bucks to a fund to have someone get these shipped out. Maybe we can put an end to this. Using others money for personal use is not appropriate. It seems Abe has already killed himself off in the community so I doubt future issue will happen.

SteveDSM

Juan, thank you for helping so much with this... Abe rarely replies to me on Facebook anymore, but I did buy a whole turbo setup from him over 6 months ago before this group buy and he shipped everything out fast and was honest about everything, but this shift knob ordeal is getting out of hand! I have been trying to stick up for him as well, but seriously, he told me at least 3 times that he was shipping mine out the next day and has yet to do so to my knowledge...

LIV4PSI

His last FB update

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned