The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Custom Galant VR-4 Shift knobs round 2. Updated 1st post! Pay by 2/28

prove_it

Any word on these knobs getting mailed out?

LIV4PSI

I would message him on Facebook. He acts like he
can't get onto the .org

prove_it

I don't facebook.

mitsuturbo

Dude bitched me up one side and down the other for calling bullshit on not being able to log in here and not being able to text/call. Yet he says "I can get on FB when i get wifi at school." ? Also, in the same thread on FB, he essentially stated that the knobs you guys are expecting are not what you will receive.

It just seems shady that a guy can't BORROW A LAPTOP or GO TO A LIBRARY AND USE THE INTERNET. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

On the other hand, he DID get on FB and post some sort of an update, so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

prove_it

The first buy went so smooth and clean. This is why I'm on the fence on how to feel. He's a good guy, so I have doubt it's a failed GB. It's been four weeks since they were received in customs. Also been over a week since an update was posted. He's been sitting on them a while, so it's getting fishy.

I would think the mods would check his account to see if they know what's going on with log in issues.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I just texted him, I'm unsure if he is able to respond but I've tried to contact him as well just to answer your concerns. Let's see what happens.

prove_it

Hopefully all is well with him, seems like there has been a bad luck curse on members lately.

jnava

Staff member
I received a response...

prove_it

Cool beans, thanks for that. Figured life was kicking his ass. I know he's a good guy so glad thats cleared up.

Racah15

Hey guys!
Sorry for the time I was gone, some serious stuff happened and it hit me hard. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, so I'll keep it short, but I had more bills that I could pay and things got shut down real quick for me. Also my car has a bad alternator and it's going to cost over $850 for a new one. So I have been making payments on a car I can't even drive, I can't sell it, and had no car or no job with only $500 a month to live off of. Story short, sh*t happened and I got kicked in the ass big time.

But I finally got a job, I got the galant running, so I'm driving that for time being, and Things are going good. Got my phone working again, and have internet again.

So my update for today is that I will be printing labels shortly for those who replied to this thread. Then this coming week I will commence shipping. Luckily the post office is near the campus I'm at, so I should be able to ship them right after school on my day off, since I go to work 10 minutes after school ends. But everything is ready, and they are boxed up. I tried to post an update that the knobs were the original design instead of the ones I ordered. But for those of you who still want them, I have them boxed up. If you don't want them, let me know and I'll issue a refund. For those of you who don't know what the original design was, it was this:

So if anyone doesn't want this design, let me know. I figured lots of people wanted the original design anyway, so I will let you guys choose if you still want them. This will be the last run unfortunately. I've had a few problems with the manufacture, and I don't want to put anyone through what happened these past couple weeks again. If I do, do another one, I will make sure to not be in a bad situation. Living out of state with only $500 to live off with a car payment, gas, food, phone, etc. really messed me up. Luckily with this job I'll make do until graduation.

So again, sorry guys. But I promise you will all receive your knobs soon. I hope I didn't come off as a scammer, because I have never scammed out anyone, and I don't plan to start any time soon. It's just not who I am.

And for those of you on the facebook page just talking sh*t, I really hope you guys experience what happened to me. You guys don't understand what happened and the way you guys disrespected me and utterly kicked me while I was down, really made me lose hope in some of the Gvr-4 community. I know I'm in the wrong, but being called a scammer, and a shady **** really got to me.

jnava

Staff member
You do have my address already on your fb pm. I'll take mine no matter what.

paul j

Didn't you already have the money for shipment in hand? Did you borrow it for awhile till you could get back on track? We are all just wondering but we do appreciate your work and empathize with your predicament. Hope it is better now. Now you know how politicians feel.

prove_it

My guess is he needed to focus on getting his personal life together before being able to get this finished.

prove_it

Oh and I'll take whatever you have Racah.

SteveDSM

Yeah I am also not too worried about the wait, but then again, I have also been down the road of having literally no money for what most people take for granted. Anyway, send me mine as soon as you are able to, I am not worried about the design either, just as long as it is with the #1000/1000 as I wanted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you!
Steve

PlatypusOfFury

I'm cool with the design again...

quick question though. I remember round 1 of the knobs had an issue with the shifter diameter opening and we had to drill the opening up to compensate.
did round 2's fix this issue up?

Platy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts