The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Custom Galant Vr-4 Shift knob buy is over and done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EfiniX

Are you planning on shipping when the whole order is complete, or will you ship progressively?

I don't care since i'm about to leave for a month, but I am keen on letting my girlfriend know if she should keep an eye out.

Racah15

Will ship when all of them arrive. I have not actually recieved any yet, they will all ship at the same time to save on shipping costs.

GSX_TC

Sounds good

Racah15

It's quiet so far. Remember these take quite a while to make. I apologize for the time it has taken. It took them like almost 2 months to make mine. I can only imagine them making 20+. I know though, I'm anxious too. I really want to see mine in my galant and not some picture haha.

Again, will give updates as I get them. If I don't hear back by the end of this week, I will e-mail them

Thanks

birdman24

Hey, did you ever email them?

Terence

birdman24

Sweet is there a possibility that we'll have a shipment in the next month?

Terence

Racah15

My apologize. Works been hectic the past few weeks and I haven't been on enough to see this thread. I will e-mail asking whats up. I got a shipping quote, but I just lost my job today, so I will need to sell a few things to pay the shipping since money will be really tight for a while. It aint cheap paying for a big box from duetchland haha. I'll hopefully be selling some goodies to locals in a couple days so that should take care of it. They didn't reply if the order has been finished yet though. Everytime I write, I ask 2 or 3 questions, and only get a reply for 1. So I have to write 3 different emails for 3 different replies it seems haha. Not to worry though, hopefully we'll see them soon. They took forever on my 1 knob, but it came in, so I have no worry or doubt that regardless how long they are taking, you guys will be satisfied /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Remember this is one guy custom making everything. It will be good stuff! I hope this replys to PMs too

P.S. Now that I'm out of a job, I'll be on more with more updates!

Last edited:

EfiniX

Bummer about the job, man. If you lived in PDX, I'd do what I can to help you out. That being said, Colorado peeps, give the brother a hand!

Thanks for the updates. For my part, you were clear this would be a long process, so just keep the occasional posts coming.

C

Racah15

Thanks EfiniX, I really appreciate those kind words!

Quick update, I was able to pay off the shipping bill and got quoted 14business days. Now whether it is 14 days until they are finished, or 14 days until they arrive, not sure. But either way, the wait is almost over!

Last edited:

3O3EL0VR4

I know how you feel man, I lost my job right as the orders for these were being taken and I wasn't sure I would be able to pay for it. I regret it now cuz I could've paid for it by the time the collections took place... I'm so jealous I can't have one!

460GVR4

You can still have one, because I have been waiting on this knob to sell my vr4. Bought a truck and I really need my garage back. Look for ad in FS section once knobs go out!

Racah15

I have good news and bad news though:

Good news:
They are here, I'm sorting through them making sure they are correct and all here. So far so good.

Bad news: They weren't machined to the proper specs and thus the threaded portion is unusable w/o modification (threaded portion sits too far up so the base of the knob needs to be opened up a little bit since the fat part of the shifter is too big for the knob hole). I've modified mine by using a drill bit and widening the base hole to accommodate our fat shifters. You can still run these w/o threading them in just fine with the added tri-screw security. I have asked a forum member if he is willing to work his magic on these for us all but no guarantees or anything. So from here on in we have a few choices.

1:Ship these out as-is.
You can modify these easily yourself with a drill press or anything really. It's aluminum so it will be easy.
2:Send them back and wait another 3 months to get new ones.

It's up to you guys what you would like to do. As I said, I asked a member if he could help us but I really don't expect him to. If he does, it will be greatly appreciated and definitely compensated, But I will not know if it is an option until I hear back. So don't count on it as an option just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned