The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Coil on plug set-ups>>>ALL SOLD>>>>>

curtis

I will add this to everyone that bought one. for install do the following

Remove plastic cover requires a 10mm socket,
then pull the 4 spark plug wires,
then remove the small 10mm headed bolt on the inside corner of the valve cover,
remove the spark plug wire holder in that corner also remobve all spark plug wire holder pieces,
reinstall bolt don't over tighten,
disconnect the plug supplying power to the factory coil,
remove oil cap,
tighten oil cap nut on under side (requires a phillips screwdriver and 7 mm wrench) a few turns you don't want oil on the new bling,
Place boots on cop plate,
lube connections with dielectric grease

Now remove the screw on deals on top of the spark plug there to long and get in the way. You should be replacing the plugs with -8's anyway unless your running around 15psi then go with the -7's. I usually gap at .026 to .028 but every combination is a little different.

You can do this with long needle nose pliers if your not changing plugs or don't want to pull them.

center plate over the four spark plug holes,
Now push down the COP and try to keep things centered,
Go to the tool box and get a 5mm aleen head wrench
Start by tighting the number 1 side bolt first a few turns
then go to the number 4 side and start those to then center and tighten slowly as you go around.
After a few rotations around they'll be tight tighten up till the springs and boots have compressed. The allen head screws will compress down on the rubber washers
Don't do one at a time.
You don't want to crack a valve cover.

After the first drive retighten the screw to make sure everything is good.
Now plug in the COP to the supply that use to go to the coils
Re install oil cap

Now clean off the hand prints from my plate don't want you driving around looking like ass. I put alot of work into these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enjoy Curtis

Yao

Thanks for the COP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif FAST SHIPPING TOO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

galant344

are all of these cop set ups gone?

curtis

There all gone. I'm probably going to do another round if I can get all the parts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts