The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 96 Eagle Summit 5spd AWD 4G64 wagon $2,800obo Wilson, NC

watchdoc

Up for sale is my daily driver 96 Eagle Summit wagon. It's a 5spd 4G64 car with 102k. These things are very rare and 96 was the last year. Everything works and the AC is ice cold. Has cruise control and good michelin tires. Owners manuals and lots of service records included. No rust anywhere!! I had the silver on the bumpers touched up a few year ago and it still looks good.

I installed KYB AGX front struts along with Galant VR4 whiteline springs. In the rear, I installed KYB GR2 shocks and cut one coil from the existing springs for matching ride height. I also installed a 2G DSM rear strut brace. The handling is vastly improved. It also comes with a spare set of Galant VR4 wheels and the stock springs.

I just had the head rebuilt and all new belts and hoses installed along with a new timing belt, tensioner, and water pump. It still uses about a quart of oil in 500 miles but it runs perfectly and gets mid 20's for mileage. It does not smoke in normal driving but will occasionally smoke for a minute at start up. All fluids are fresh (engine, tranny, transfer case, coolant, and rear end). I would drive the car anywhere without any worry.

The 96 Summit uses the 16 valve SOHC 4G64 like the 7g Galant (94 to 98). It uses 2G DSM style engine mounts and has a WM533 transmission and DSM transfer case. The owner has several choices to consider.

1. drive it just like it is for another 100k without worry for a reliable and practical daily driver. the rear seat is removeable and you can get a ton of stuff in it. the sliding door is great for kids or a baby seat.

2. turbo the existing motor with off the shelf DSM parts. several 4G64 message boards detail the options here.

3. swap in the the 4G63 engine of your choosing with minimal effort.

4. swap on 4G63 DOHC head onto the 4G64 block. turbo if desired.

I really planned to keep it long term since they are so hard to find and it is very comfy and practical to drive BUT I have too many projects so something needs to go. No low ball offers please.

$2,800 obo

Last edited by a moderator:

watchdoc

Lest anyone doubt the abilities of these lil wagons, here's a couple action shots of mine. I raced in an entire rallyx season and it never complained and still runs awesome.

JB

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

watchdoc

7 bolt. 1992 was the only year for the expo/summit to feature the 8 valve head/ 6 bolt crank 4G64.

For a swap this would obviously be unimportant.

I'm very interested in this, been waiting for a good one to be posted for sale somewhere. Please contact me about the van lets see what we can work out.

watchdoc

SOLD!! thanks Paul, Leslie, and Issabella.. it was very nice meeting you and I hope you enjoy the car. I miss it already!!!

Car drove home perfect, not one thing went wrong with the vehicle, just like you said the car was solid (11 hr trip one way for those of you wondering). I got between 25-28 mpg with the a/c on the whole ways. The car will be well taken care of and also spanking some cars at the track when the Turbo conversion is done. If you ever get a chance to buy a car from David, do it, it will be exactly as described. Great deal, from a great guy.
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

new to this and don't know where to get the info.....
I have a 94 Eagle Summit Wagon,2.4, awd, auto, and the tranny if about to fail.
Don't want another auto, and wonder if there is a 5 spd that would slide right in.
If anyone knows anything about it, please help.
thx

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts