The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 93 Eclipse GSX AUTO $4,500 FIRM NY 89K

VR_IV_MR

Hey guys,

I've got a 1993 Eclipse GSX AWD Auto. It has the 4 bolt rear end. Originally I bought it as a parts car for a spare motor, and the auto swap for the galant. But since the car is so clean I have changed my mind and decided to sell. Also because I got a good deal on a 2G PI billet converter. It is mostly stock. The PO told me he purchased it on Ebay from a single owner old woman who kept great detailed records of everything and it was garage kept its entire life. The PO had a pretty sick garage with a TON of vehicles/quads/bikes/toys... must be nice. He said his best friend was a certified Mitsu tech and rebuilt the engine at his house with all new gaskets sensors hoses etc. The white leather interior is INSANE for 20 years old. I get compliments everywhere I go in this thing. It totally gave me a little more respect for DSMs as I've always been strictly a vr4 head. I bought it mid June 2013 and it sat in the garage all summer because I didn't want to get the interior dirty with work clothes/coworkers. I replaced the alternator, battery, alt fuse, and front/rear wipers.

ISSUES:
1. The viper remote start/alarm doesn't work. The PO said he had installed it at Best Buy and then the car sat for a while and it just didn't work one day when he tried it. Probably an easy fix.

2. The car had an idle surge when first started up. I was worried about the ECU caps so I swapped in my rebuilt VR4 ECU and adjusted some things with help from the ECMLink forums ( I'm no expert) and it runs well! But I am not selling the car with my vr4 ECU. So you can take a test ride with my VR4 ecu, then I'll put in the original ECU and you can have it. The stock ECU is NOT an eprom.

3. The air conditioner does not blow cold. I never filled it to see if it holds, not sure what it needs.

4. The rear hatch shocks need to be replaced.

5. The brakes need attention soon. Going to check it out this week.

EDIT: PRICE LOWERED!

Last edited:

theevozero

Not sure why you would rebuild a engine with less than 80k on it...

Nice car though. Very clean. GLWS!

VR_IV_MR

I don't think the internals were rebuilt, just like a freshening up to replace old hoses gaskets and sensors and such. I have the receipts at my mothers house I'll update it later.

GSX_TC

She's beautiful.

VR_IV_MR

she is beautiful and I just reduced the price! really a steal, i hate to see her go, but my garage only fits one car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VR_IV_MR

OK I finally got a chance to check the folder of stuff the PO gave me. Some pretty cool stuff included.

1. Original official registration and insurance certificates from Feb 21 1994 with the information of the original owner. D/O/B 4/15/1919! That puts her about 95 years old right now, and 75 years old when she purchased the car. It was purchased from Fair Motors Partnership in Danbury CT. Something about a 75 y/o woman buying this little air plane just cracks me up.

2. A copy of the EBay advertisement that ended on Aug 20 2007 for $3,200 with 86,800 miles. In the description it says that the "original owner was my sisters 87 year old mother-in-law."

3. A clean carfax report from 4/11/2013 when I purchased the car

4. The owners manual is also in the glovebox.

I am also willing to trade for a running, rust-free VR4

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts