The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 93 Eagle Summit minivan, AWD, 5spd, $2500 OBO, Waco, TX

1uGlyGalaNt

For sale is my restore/upgrade project 1993 Eagle Summit AWD 5spd. I’m asking $2500 OBO. Trades and partial trades (running and driving only) will be considered. Sorry the pictures suck but I haven’t found free time during daylight to take pictures since I took the pictures I posted below. I can make time to take and post numerous pictures if there is serious interest. Call or text 301 706 0908 for fastest response but please only contact me if you’re serious as I’m very busy.

I’m willing to list this on ebay if you’re uncomfortable sending a large sum of money to a far-away stranger without an intermediary and I’m willing to drive it to a local shipper. I’m not willing to drive more than about 300 miles to a shipper or to meet for a sale.

These cars in 5spd AWD trim are ridiculously rare. I would wager they are even rarer than the GTs. I waited a long time for this car. I just don’t have the time right now to finish the project. I hope to sell it to someone on the forum so that I can hold onto the hope of buying it back one day.

Good:
140k original miles
120k service done recently including: timing belt, water pump, inspect oil pump, lifter replacement, cam seal, fluids changed, accessory belts.
Working heat and A/C
Everything electrical works including OEM stereo
New struts
New passenger side front control arm from Mitsu. The car was not curbed, the ball joint was bad. You cannot get the correct ball joint without buying the whole control arm. Many places say they have the correct ball joint but when you get it, it’s not the right one!
2.4L SOHC motor that is turbo-ready
4g63t ECU plugs wired (correctly and cleanly) into engine harness. Only need to connect knock, fuel, and timing to existing wires and install turbo hardware to turbo existing motor and drop in a 4g63t and connect only a few wires
ACT 2100 clutch, 6-puck unsprung

Rebuilt trans:
W5M33 center diff with end cap
96 W5M33 intermediate shaft with 2nd gear and dual syncro
93 W5M31 input shaft with W5M33 3rd and 4th syncros
96 W5M33 ½ and ¾ shift rails with forks
93 W5M31 5/R shift rail and 5th gear with 96 W5M33 reverse brake and wave spring

AGX front struts with Eibach pro-kit springs and Summit upper hats
K&N drop-in air box filter with silencer tube deleted for that nice, throaty sound.
No dash cracks
92 GVR4 wheels with new tires from Discount Tire, with paperwork
OEM wheels and hubcaps with dry-rotted tires included
Really clean engine bay
Original paint in ok condition
No major rust – the car has been in Texas most of its life. Only three dime-sized rust spots on roof.
Box of extra parts including ridiculously rare white OEM option spoiler with hardware and rubber seals.

Bad:
Blower motor is noisy, probably some trash in the blower box.
No carpet – it was trash.
All plastics from lower portion of interior have been removed and are in a box. Seats are installed.
Stain on passenger side of dash, pictured below. I’ve spent quite a bit of time cleaning the car since I got it so it’s not nearly as bad as pictured below, but the picture gives you an idea of the condition of the interior when I got the vehicle.
Cracked cover on gauge cluster. I have replacement gauge cluster not installed.
Sometimes if you let off the throttle in 5th to cruise there is a little transmission noise. Maybe the gear lash needs to be adjusted?
There’s a palm-sized dent on the passenger rear quarter by the gas door. No paint damage. Can probably be PDR’ed out. Sorry there's only one picture of this below and it's not that good.
Passenger side rear dogleg is MIA.

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

Last edited:

Don't do it man, once you get rid of it you will regret it. They are very very very hard to find in awd/5 speed in good condition.

I almost sold my 96 Summit AWD 5 speed at one time, instead I finished forging/turboing the 4G64 with sohc head (swapping on a 4G63 dohc with delta cams now)and doing body work on the thing because a F5 tornado wasn"t to kind to it.

I went to a car show at SPEC Clutch (before the Tornado apparently), it was the talk of the show (minus the Skyline and a few other high end cars) and on various forums in the State.

I didn't build it for a conversation piece but it sure as heck did that on its own.

Keep it and finish it unless you need money. You will be glad you did.

Van pictures and build click

Sincerely,
a fellow Summit van owner

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

yeah dont sell it man, i dont even have one and ^^ this guys inspires me to keep one haha

1uGlyGalaNt

Quoting omertaitalia:
does this have power windows? sunroof? abs?

Currently manual windows but I have all the parts including door panels to convert to power windows. No sunroof. Not sure about abs.

1uGlyGalaNt

Quoting 1BadVan:
Don't do it man, once you get rid of it you will regret it. They are very very very hard to find in awd/5 speed in good condition.

I almost sold my 96 Summit AWD 5 speed at one time, instead I finished forging/turboing the 4G64 with sohc head (swapping on a 4G63 dohc with delta cams now)and doing body work on the thing because a F5 tornado wasn"t to kind to it.

I went to a car show at SPEC Clutch (before the Tornado apparently), it was the talk of the show (minus the Skyline and a few other high end cars) and on various forums in the State.

I didn't build it for a conversation piece but it sure as heck did that on its own.

Keep it and finish it unless you need money. You will be glad you did.

Van pictures and build click

Sincerely,
a fellow Summit van owner

I know what you're saying, but now is not the right time for me to finish this project and I don't see it happening any time soon. So, I'm going to sell it and buy a toy that doesn't require any work. I really hope it goes to a good owner in the community so that maybe I can own it again one day.

1uGlyGalaNt

Quoting omertaitalia:
check if it has abs, non abs will have drums in the back abs will have disc brakes in the rear

I'm pretty sure I remember it having drums. I'll double-check tomorrow but in the 4th pic from the top it looks like drums.

Also, updated original post with a good and bad that I thought of today.

Last edited:

1uGlyGalaNt

I double-checked and it has rear drums. Don't be shy about making offers. The worst I can say is no.

89Mirageman

I've owned a few of these things, two were even awd/manuals and they are awesome for DD's. Had I not picked up a 94 Mighty Max about a month ago I would seriously consider this thing. I must say the white looks a lot better than the blue ones I had IMO. GLWS!

Last edited:

1uGlyGalaNt

OBO bump. I'm hoping to get some updated pics by next weekend.

1uGlyGalaNt

Bring on the offers. The worst I can say is GFYS.

1uGlyGalaNt

I'll get updated pictures when it stops raining bump.

Launch

Car sat in a field @ Forced performance for almost a decade, Wouldnt you want to clarify how long it sat before it was driving? Sounds in airbox is from the squirrels and rats that lived within.

quicktsi

More like they crapped in. Watch out as the feces will literally fly out of the vent when turned on high. I know this from first hand experience, as mine sat for 6+ years.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts