The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 929/2000 Madison, Alabama (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4nmscle

well the time has come for change. i am going to sell my baby. i had this up for sale a while back and decided to keep her and try to finish her. well i have put everything together and have decided to part ways. the chassis has 136000 miles on it. the slowboy long block has 2500miles on it the rest of the parts have about 4k on them. you will not find another car like this. this car was bought in tennessee by the original owner and has been in hazel green, alabama all of its life. i dont have but a couple of pics, and i will be taking some pics this weekend. 929/2000 needs a good home. im asking $7,000 for everything. this car runs great, but it will need a tune. it is running speed density, not maf, using ecmlink v3. i will just go ahead a tell you what she has now.

vr4_1.jpg

work11.jpg

work6.jpg

work9.jpg

work2.jpg

work1.jpg

this is the old motor setup
vr4044.jpg

NEW SETUP
engine:
slowboy long block
9:1 cp pistons on 1g rods
arp rod bolts, main studs, head studs
no balance shafts.
i replaced slowboys gaskets w/ oem gaskets and timing belt and tensioner
dks 272 cams
90 oil filter housing w/ oil cooler

turbo/exhaust:
fp red (has 1000 miles on it NO SHAFTPLAY)
externally gated w/ turbo smart 38mm 14.5psi spring
custom 3in tbe

intake/fuel/ignition:
custom fmic and pipping
hks bov
custom smim
1200cc injectors FIC
walbro 255 pump and rewire
new filter
aeromotve afpr
coil over plug set up

cooling:
civic half size aluminum radiator
2x 10" slim fans (one push one pull)
180 thermostat
new waterpump

drivetrain/suspension:
i rebuilt the transmission w/ new oem synchro sleeves and had gears cryo'd
same thing w/ t case
act 2600 hdss clutch
turned flywheel
new fulcrum ball
new clutch for
new t.b.
steel braid clutch line from master to slave
5 lug swap w/ oem mitsu hubs
4 bolt rear end
removed 4 wheel steer
1g t/e/l shifter
evo shift knob
leather shift boot
new axles in the front
rear axles regreased
brass shifter bushings
solid shifter base bushings
kyb agx struts
h&r springs
new strut mount bushings
chromoly front crossmember

Wheels:
2gb 5 spokes sprayed black
17" racing hart evolution cp-35 (gold) needs tires

electronics:
autometer boost gauge 30-45psi
plx wideband
ecmlink v3 full not lite (laptop will be included with all necessary software and hardware)
6000k hid's

im sure i am missing something. in this sale i will also be giving the rest of my dsm stuff so i dont have to take it with me when i move into the new house. the stuff includes a 1g trans w/ aftermarket lsd, galant vr4 engine (i pulled it from my car so i can garuntee that it runs, the rest of the stuff is about a truck load or so.

Last edited:

4nmscle

keep in mind i am open to offers. the asking price of $7,000 is for the car and all of my stuff. the extra motor, trans, block, and tons of misc stuff. feel free to make an offer, the worst thing that can happen is i say now. i actually drove the car to class this morning and realized i will miss this thing and wish i would just go get a tune so i could feel all the work i have put into her, but if i did then she would just sit. i am actually leaving to go to dubai in january and i really dont want this to just sit for a year or two. i want someone to be able to enjoy her. power steering is there, i am waiting on a bracket for the reservoir and the return line to come in at mitsu. i wanted to put a/c back on, but i would need to get another civic condenser and tig the mitsu end on it. i may do that if she doesn't sell, but hopefully some one will come pick her up.

4nmscle

forgot to add my contact info:
Jeremy Rhodes
256-990-6377
[email protected]
[email protected]

I will have the rest of the p/s part from mitsu by friday and will install them saturday. if you want you are more than welcome to come out and we can go for a test drive or you can just see the car. remember i am open to offers. the 7k asking price just includes a lot of mitsu part like another motor, 1g trans, block, a couple of heads, and a ton of misc things. i am only free on the weekends due to class and work but feel free to shoot me an email or call.

4nmscle

all of these views and not one offer? if i am doing something wrong i would love the input. i need to get this sold.

Last edited:

marvinmadman

Maybe updated/bigger pics would help. I would like to get another galant but a/c is a must.

highspeed

i want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif but Im deploying in a month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4nmscle

Quoting marvinmadman:
Maybe updated/bigger pics would help. I would like to get another galant but a/c is a must.

that was one of the thing i thought about working on. with the oil cooler and fmic i will more than likely have to use a civic condenser as well. i have all the a/c parts but have to figure out what i would do w/ the condenser. if no one buys it, i will be putting it back on, and getting a tune. i want to sell her just because i have other things on the horizon, and if i keep her i would try to finish the big set up (2.3s, dogbox, 42r :)

i will have some better pics up this weekend. just have to find time to get take them.

Last edited:

4nmscle

Quoting highspeed:
i want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif but Im deploying in a month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

have a safe deployment sir. you guys are always in my prayers, and i appreciate what yall do for us.

4nmscle

if anyone is interested and near huntsville there is a little supra meet this saturday and the sonic off of pratt in huntsville, alabama. i am thinking about bringing the galant out there for a cruise, if no one wants to come see it, then i will probably be cruising the r34 lol. im sure people would rather see that. if you come out then ill still show ya the galant. i need to get her gone to start another little project.

4nmscle

she will be going on ebay sunday night. i will post a link. it will have a reserve on her, a decent penny under what i am asking.

4nmscle

make an offer. i need her sold so i can finish my other project.

4nmscle

here is some pics of the car and a couple of videos. not really getting on it just got a little bit in the throttle to hear her spool. didnt even crack the wastegate open. which is a 14.5psi spring

click
click
click
101_1273.jpg

101_1269.jpg

101_1271.jpg

101_1261.jpg

101_1260.jpg

101_1256.jpg

101_1270.jpg

101_1272.jpg

101_1253.jpg

101_1254.jpg

101_1255.jpg

101_1257.jpg

101_1258.jpg

101_1259.jpg

101_1262.jpg

101_1264.jpg

101_1265.jpg

101_1266.jpg

4nmscle

just listed her on ebay. ill have a link for her later.

4nmscle

got a ton of people watching it. i hope she goes to a good home.

4nmscle

she is still up for offers. feel free to offer on her w/ out all the extra parts. if you do get it w/ all the parts you can easily sell the parts to make some money back. i though about it, but i dont have the time to get everything up and ship.

4nmscle

i guess no body really wants her.

4nmscle

original cluster states 136, and change. i still drive it.
had to have been an error on their part. i have done all of the services on this vehicle even before it was mine.

4nmscle

just a little update. i decided to start a little tune on the car last night. running really rich (10.2:1) according to ecm link it is at 400hp w/ no knock. car is pulling EXTREMELY hard and has made me think twice about selling, but i am going to leave her up for sale. with a dyno tune i have no doubt that it will hit 450hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts