The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 Kensington Gray 223/1000 non-running Buford, GA $500

nrvous

I have a non-running Kensington Gray Galant VR-4 in Georgia that needs to go to a home. Car is in Buford, Georgia. It has not run since 2007. Somebody with $500 and a hauler can get it out of there, otherwise it is going to be called to a donation charity or salvage yard. It rolled off a flatbed about a year ago, but as you can see it has not moved since then and I have no idea how mobile it is. Car is for the most part complete, but I do not guarantee anything is missing. I am waiting to hear what the mileage is on it.

The Longer Story of 223/1000
This is is my sister's car. She moved from Rochester to Georgia about 8 year ago, in this car. Around 2007 it stopped running. The fuel pump assembly rotted and leaked, a loser guy became involved that turned it into a project of never running again, and it has been sitting. She bought a reliable car with a warranty and this became a permanent driveway fixture. My sister is is getting ready to move out of Georgia and the car is going to disappear one way or another. I hate to see them go to scrap when people are still hunting for them.

The car came from Michigan. We bought it from the original owner in 2002, so it has seen some winters, until it went to Georgia. However it was pretty clean and probably not horribly far off from being a good restoration.

I am in NY and my sister is in GA, so a million questions on details aren't going to get us very far. I am just hoping somebody wants to pick this up for cheap before I call the other resources to get it out of there.

Thanks
Stephen

transparentdsm

if no one buys this, PM me before scrap or donation. ill figure something out. someone will probably be jumping on this soon though. if i was in virginia or closer i would be on my way down today.

nrvous

Will do.
If I were closer, I would haul it back home and give it an assessment or use it for the CHUMPCAR challenge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stephen

Jesus_Negros

Any rust? I have a friend in GA who could hold onto this until i get back. Very interested if mostly rust free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus_Negros

You want to check it out for me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jesus_Negros

dah FML
This stuff pops up whenever I'm out of the country. lol

nrvous

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Any rust? I have a friend in GA who could hold onto this until i get back. Very interested if mostly rust free.

There is rust.
It was a NY and MI car for a while. It escaped before the true fender rot started in, but I haven't put eyes on it myself in so long, it is hard assess how good or bad it is. The dude that was involved for a while started doing cleanup, sourcing rear subframes, etc. but I am not sure if any of that came to be or not.

Stephen

Jesus_Negros

^ If you check it out and dont get it lmk what shape its in please.

transparentdsm

man i knew it was gonna go fast. i almost sent him a pm at like 4 when he posted it, but couldnt get a trailer fast enough.... damn the luck i just sold my trailer.

Jesus_Negros

I pm'd him too. But I think Jason G has this one on lock. The ship sails again, I'm 0-7 in the last two years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

transparentdsm

yeah, but you are on the other side of the world...... you could get one there... then sell it before you leave or try to send that bad girl back to the states. get an 89 vr4.

Jesus_Negros

Not to sure there are any here lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ade

good god almighty!

VR4Scott

Pm sent. Can pick up today.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts