The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 Grey Galant VR4 (713/1000) Oconomowoc, WI $2400 OBO

jrschultz

713/1000 for sale. 155,000 miles on body. JDM transmission. No grinds. Shifts smooth. Engine is mostly stock. Evo 3 manifold, Greddy timing belt, 14B turbo running off stock wastegate spring. New fuel filter and spark plugs. New brake lines. Slotted rotors. Brand new as of 1 month ago 3 inch down pipe to high flow cat to 2 1/2 inch cat-back to Magnaflow dual tip muffler. No visible rust on body. There is an area on the driver's side rear fender where a rust spot was cut out and new metal was welded in. You can notice up close, but not far away. (SEE PIC) Also, there is rust underneath the driver's side front dog leg. The wheels pictured are 17's, and they come with the car. The tires are decent and should last another couple years. The stock 15's also go with the car, and they have nice all season tires that I use for winter. Lowered on Galant specific springs. Power steering rack lines were replaced last spring. All power options work as they should such as locks, windows, and sun roof. The interior looks fairly clean, but the driver's seat has a small rip. 1st Gen DSM steering wheel and shifter.

I want perspective buyers to be aware of a couple issues. The car will leave a couple drips of oil underneath every night. I have to add 1/2 quart of oil in between oil changes. The rear end is no longer rear steer. The previous owner replaced the rear rack with a DSM rack. The rear differential has seapage around the cover. The car currently does not accelerate smoothly. Once a little boost hits the engine seems as though it doesn't have enough fuel. I suspect the fuel pump to be the problem, but I'm not totally sure. I recently drove the car for a 2 hour round trip, and it was fine. No over heating, but obviously I had to be gentle on the throttle. Finally, the car does not have AC! It was completely deleted by the previous owner.

Pics:
006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

4wheelsqueal used to own this car. He is a good friend of mine, and that is a big reason why I bought it. I just decided I don't have the time, money, and knowledge that this car needs put into it.
Here's a thread showing a lot of what Andrew did to the car:
click

I'm a reasonable guy. Don't hesitate to call my cell.
262-391-5462
or email: [email protected]
My name is Justin
Thanx for looking.

Last edited:

psi2high

I wish the car was closer I have always wanted a kensington grey vr4. Good luck with the sale

jrschultz

I had to call 4wheelsqueal for the above info. The bottom end has about 10,000 miles. The top end was rebuilt before Andy put it in, so that has 4,000 miles on it.

Andy also reminded me that the drive shaft is new as well.

I should have included this info in my original post, but it's hard to remember all the work Andy put into the car.

deusamo

Is it still non-abs and no cruise control? Also, did anyone ever figure out the switchable t-case and tranny? Have you done anything for the surface rust of the undercarriage?

jrschultz

It's still non abs. No cruise control. The underside looks the same as the pictures indicate. It's not too bad.

jrschultz

Quoting deusamo:
Is it still non-abs and no cruise control? Also, did anyone ever figure out the switchable t-case and tranny? Have you done anything for the surface rust of the undercarriage?

Sorry forgot to answer about the transmission. The JDM transmission needs different differentials to allow switching between fwd and awd as far as I understand. This car is not switchable since it has the stock differentials that came with it.

4wheelsqueal

If someone on here bought this, it has the switchable tranny in it and i have the matching switchable t-case for it i would sell.

Good to know i just bought 713/1000 yesterday very clean car as far as im concerned! Found out a little more about the car on here than i knew prior to purchase....

4wheelsqueal

If you want pictures of the motor work, rear subframe work, running of new lines in the back, i have all of them on my computer at home. Just ask and you shall receive! This have the switchable t-case too, if you're interested.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts