The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Galant VR-4 Shell Nile Black 900/2000 $1500obo Hopewell Jct. NY

Up for sale is my 91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 AWD Turbocharged 4G63 powered car, number 900/2000. The car as it sits is a shell with full drivetrain. All the car needs to go down the road is a motor. This particular car is in awesome shape for its age, extremely minimal under carrage surface rust (just on parts of sub frames, unibody has nothing) The body has no rust or rot. The body is complete not missing and body plastics or trim like other VR-4s. This is a car you have to see in person to see the true condition of it, this is the perfect project car.

The bad, though there is not much of it I will not hold back and I will let you know everything so there are no surprises. The car will need brake lines due to the removal of the ABS motor. The paint on the roof has clear cost failure in a few spots, the hood has lost majority of its clear coat due to a bad paint job, the tops of the front fenders have clear coat bubbles also for the same reason, but the rest of the paint is fairly good condition for its age. The car can definetly look great with a repaint of the front clip and clear on the roof. The front grill has a few broken clips so it is not installed but I do have it, the front bumper is un cut and clean. The spoiler was removed and the holes were plugged with plastic caps that can be popped out to reinstall the spoiler that I still have.

The interior is immaculate. 1 small separation on the seam of the driver seat, about 1 inch long is the only problem with the factory black leather seats that were designed by AMG. All the interior pieces are installed and complete. The only down side is the carpet is grey and has a few stains that will probably come out with a good cleaning. The only other bad is the driver side sunvisor is missing and replaced with one from and talon and the driver side rear door lock handle is broken but still usable by hand even though it has full power locks, windows, and seat belts.

Now for performance, the car has a full turbo back 3inch exhaust system with downpipe. The car has a short throw shifter on solid shifter base bushings, with solid bearings in the shifter cables instead of sloppy bushings. The car shifts better than a new Ferrari. The battery was moved to the trunk with an extremely clean install, with a breaker (not installed at them moment, and a kill switch mounted in place of the trunk lock drum so it can be removed with no visible body scars.

To appreciate this car you must see it in person, I can talk for hours about this car and I will fill you in on every detail. If you have even a slight interest in this give me a call. If you dont have the makings to reassemble the car, we can work out a deal for you to take all of my parts along with it, I have enough to put the car back on the road, and not just that, back on the road with 380awhp on tap with enough to build almost a full spare motor. The reason I'm selling is because I lost some interest in the car and I have lost alot of free time that I used to have. I have also moved on to a new hobby of motorcycles because I cannot handle the extra room and time I need for this car anymore. I truly hate to see this car go but it needs to get into the hands of somebody that can love and drive this car once again and watch it take down alot of V8 "race" cars like it did with the big and hard headed "race car" owners/drivers from high school and loud car hangouts. So please if you have any interest give me a call, text, or email anytime of day. My name is Chris and you can reach me at (845) 656-5689

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned