The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Galant VR-4 1899/2000; Blaine, MN $4500

So, selling 1899. I will be re-using the original ad, as virtually no miles have been put on it since I purchased it, and adding my own comments in green.

I have been restoring this nearly 100% rust free galant vr4 gvr4 with the intentions of keeping it. But since I am in college I can no longer afford to keep it.

I bought it awhile back and it was running but not very good, so I took the 6 bolt 4g63 turbo engine out and had the bottom end rebuilt (new bearings, new rings, crank reground, cylinders honed, block decked, hot tanked, etc) and also had the head rebuilt (new valve seals, all the valves were taken out and checked, it was also decked), and I replaced nearly everything while I had it all taken apart. Basically I built it to last.

But heres the real deal about this specific car, it has NEVER been modified at all, it even still has the stock tape player in it. So it hasnt been all hacked apart and thrown back together. EVER.

Heres some basic information on it:

-186xxx miles on body
-5spd manual transmission
-100% stock
-White exterior
-Black leather interior

Heres a list of stuff that has been replaced in the last 100 miles:

-Rebuilt Engine (complete long black rebuilt, bottom end and cylinder head)
-New timing belt
-New water pump
-New oil pump
-New headgasket
-New Clutch
-New sparkplugs and wires
-Every gasket has been replaced.
-Every fluid has been replaced.

Other parts that have been replaced awhile back

-Mitsubishi OEM 14b Turbocharger
-New EPROM ecu
-New tires

The gvr4 could use some new brakes in the future, they still work fine for now but they are getting a tad old. Also the clear coat peeled off of the passenger side fender.

But Ill let the pictures speak for themselves:

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

0009.jpg

I bought this car back in December, and it's basically been sitting in my parents' garage since then. I've had it out a few times when I've come home from college, but this rarely happens. The reason I am sending out this feeler is that there's no point in a college student having two cars. I was originally going to heavily modify the VR-4 to turn out about 400whp at the time and even use it as my senior project for college (I'm an Automotive Engineering student), but this is still a couple of years away, and my 3000GT is enough car for me, right now. The way I see it, there's no point in having a working GVR-4 if you're not going to use it. Thus, the feeler.

Since buying it, I've installed a brand new alternator (the brand escapes me at the moment; the car is at my parents' place, whilst I am a two hour drive south for classes this week), new Yellowtop battery, and have bought new parking brake cables to install, which I should be getting into this weekend, as the old ones were shot. Since I bought it and got it back to my parents' place, it's had less than 50 miles put on it. However, the engine should be fully broken in now, as it had about 500-600 miles on the rebuild when I bought it. It has a clean title, clean carfax. The only real downside is there were no receipts for the rebuild when I bought it.

The previous owner also claimed to have fixed the powersteering, but this wasn't true. I've been attempting to track down the leak on occasional times I come home, but either way, it's a slow leak, it seems. When the reservoir is filled up, it takes quite a while for it to drain out. I don't have many pictures of the interior (I posted all that I have), but I'd rate it at about a 9/10. I was extremely impressed with it.

Asking $4,500, but open to negotiatians, and MAYBE trades, if there's something out there good enough to replace my 3000GT.

Last edited by a moderator:

OMG! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif YOur Galant VR4 is Soooo FINE! If you only lived closer bet this car would have been bought with a suite case of CASH! MAN...how come I can't find anything like this near MD? Let me say AGAIN if this car wasn't so Damn far it would have been bought today, tommorrow next day blah blah...but again Nice car...someone please buy this car since I can't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif its make me cry..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif....If no one does I will find some way in my powers(on the cheap) to bring this to my hands..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Aw, if only it wasn't a spyder, I might be willing to do the trade. Not a fan of convertibles. Thanks for the offer, though.

And I've responded to all PMs about this car.

Sorry for the delay, guys. I've been incredibly busy with classes recently. Anyway, to answer questions...

I don't have pics of the doors or under it, but I will try to take some next time I am back home.

The car has not sold yet, no.

And I am still waiting on those pictures.

Chim55117

Good luck with your sale, the previous owner, Charlie Moore, is my personal buddy, we picked up that car from a guy who had let it sit under a cover in a field for years, that car was my learner car, that taught me how to work on 4G63's.

I hope whoever buys the car enjoys the work that Charlie and I put into it!

Perkul8r

Very nice car, i would to buy it, been looking for another one since mine had a sad ending when a tree fell on it. But all i got is a honda, so trade is out the question lol. glws man.

I know this might sound crazy but would you sell her for 3700? just wondering... ^_^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts